Saturday 2 January 2010

Handheld Showerheads


For some reason, a great average showerhead is hard to find nowadays. I'm picky on showerheads; I like them strong, simple, easy and CHEAP! This one has it all. It took minutes to install, changing the setting with soapy wet hands is easy, the handle is anti-slip and best of all, the pressure is great. My old shower head only had strong pressure if I turned my faucet on to the max, thus emptying my hot water tank every time I'd wash/rince my hair (which is pretty thick). With this one, I get plenty of pressure and keep my hot water. It's also decently light. Please note though that it's a 5-star AVERAGE showerhead. It's what a TYPICAL showerhead should be. If you're looking for EXTRA pressure or EXTRA massage, then specialty items that cost a bit more might be for you. Delta Faucet 75700 Seven-Spray Hand Shower, Chrome

You get what you pay for. At under $30 this is a great showerhead for a great price. I purchased it during a bathroom renovation for my guest bath. It has received nothing but praise from those that have used it. Was very easy to install. Yes, there are plastic pieces, but go ahead and hand tighten them, they won't break or leak if you give it a good, tight turn. It is a durable product. I have no leaks whatsoever. Good water flow on any setting. And it looks sharp with a modern, sleek design.



UPDATE - sad to say one year later I had to replace this shower head because if starting leaking water from the plastic connection connecting the head to the tube. I took it apart, cleaned it well, reassembled tightly and still kept leaking. So, my first line above "You get what you pay for" is definitely applicable here.

After buying this product from Home Depot, I saw it here on Amazon for ten dollars less. Shoulda looked here first.



The Delta 75700 us a breeze to install, requiring no tools and little time. It has seven spray settings, but I don't think many people need or will use that many. A couple of the settings actually have very good flow so I've mostly settled on those two. The trickle setting is nice if you can remember how to get back to where you were. I prefer those models that have a separate control for this "trickle" setting, at the base of the handle for example.



I chose a showerhead with a six foot hose so I could more easily wash the dogs in my shower. For daily use, however, the extra long hose can be cumbersome and hard to maneuver. Unless you need the six-foot hose, the five-foot hose found on most models should suffice.



So far I've been pleased with my choice of this Delta model. It did spring a leak in the mounting hardware during my second shower and drenched the bathroom. I uninstalled, tightened, and reinstalled and have had no problems since then.



This is a decent choice in a handheld shower unit, with good looks, easy installation, and pretty good water pressure. You might also want to look at the WaterPik choices.

We were looking for a handheld showerhead to replace our fixed showerhead to make it easier to bath our daughter. We chose this showerhead because it got decent reviews and had a long hose.



Unfortunately, it didn't work out. The pressure was much worse than our old showerhead. Even after I removed all the parts that appeared to be trying to save water. Then after only a few weeks the little nub that you push to rotate the showerhead (to a new setting) broke off when the unit fell into the tub. You might think that a handheld with a particularly long hose should be a bit more immune to that kind of thing. Then I sliced my finger open pretty deep trying to use the jagged nub to twist the showerhead.



Today we switched back to our Speakman Anystream which is awesome by the way, even with the slightly weak pressure coming into our home.

My nearly twenty year old water-pic sprung a leak, so we purchased this to replace it. The lack of water pressure makes it useless for removing shampoo from my hair. My husband doesn't feel that it washes away soap adequately either. I would not recommend this product. We're returning ours and will continue to search for an acceptable shower head.

This is a pretty good handheld showerhead.

Pros: It looks good, 7 settings, not too big

Cons: hose is really long so it bangs around a lot and cannot hang, has a bit of a plasticky smell when you first start the water

Great addition to our shower... in the fixed position, the water jet is higher up so taller people don't have to do acrobatics to wash their hair. The position is adjustable too. The longer 6' hose enables easier body rinsing and general tub and tile clean-up. We have great water pressure up here and unfortunately this gadget lowers the pressure a bit, so no real massage: the only drawback on this great little versatile shower-head.

Can you operate a pair of pliers? Can you keep 'The Green Police' out of your bathroom? Are you a scofflaw?

If you answered 'yes', and depending on your water pressure, you might be able to come close to the power and joy of Kramer's black-market shower head seen is season 7 of Seinfeld.

[...]



The much-hated low-flow device is located in the base of the handle...it's appropriately colored green. If you so choose, grab that sucker with a pair of smallish pliers and jerk it out like a rotten molar!



Complete the assembly and VOILA! You may feel like you've been transported back to the mid-twentieth century when the shower control actually did something and you only had to flush a toilet ONCE.

And "Yes Virgina"...you can turn this sucker UP!



Be advised would-be scofflaw, The Green Police are out-there.

[...]



I'm not encouraging law-breaking, check your local laws and do as you choose...and of course I reinstalled the flow-control after reviewing the capabilities as modified. (wink?)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Handheld Showerheads Handheld Showerheads Handheld Showerheads