Saturday 2 January 2010

Cordless - cordless, impact driver


After charging the batteries the impact wrench appeared to work well as I played with it for a few minutes. But during my first real task, it worked well for only about five minutes before just stopping. When I pull the trigger, the LED would still light up, but the nothing would spin at all. I tried the other battery and I tried turning the shaft by hand to try to help 'jump-start' the wrench, but to no avail. The item is currently being returned and I'm awaiting a refund. My other dewalt worked well and I thinking this is not a frequent issue (hence the 3 rating). The motor did make an electrical smell. At first I thought it was because the motor was new, but perhaps the smell was indicating a bigger problem. DEWALT DC820KA 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Compact Impact Wrench

This is an awesome power packed drill. This will hammer any lag bolt you want home. Ergonomically constructed and has little operator fatigue, as a matter of fact it will outlast the person operating it.

I have only had this unit a short time, but it is a real time saver. It is also light weight which makes it very ergonomic. It will replace my pneumatic impact wrench & air hose whenever possible

I have 2 other Dewalt 18 volt tools and have had good success with them.

It would be nice to have a torque adjustment - but overall a great addition to my tool selection.

I recommend it.

I was introduced to this tool at work. I worked on an assembly line, building heavy mobile equipment. I saw how powerful and dependable this item was, so naturally I had to have one. Mine will last forever because the ones at work lasted a long time under constant 6 days a week work! It will do anything I need to do in my shop at home. I highly recommend this product.

Sometimes big surprises come in small packages. This holds true for the de walt impact. Used it to replace the carrier bearing on the drive shaft of my big rig, and it was way impressive. No more need to use ratchet by hand anymore with this baby. Hits pretty hard for a battery powered impact that weighs less than it's air operated counterpart, but without the air hose getting in your way. Thumbs Up.

I purchase these for my service and construction crews. My service guys like them for thier power and compact size, and the addition of the light has helped alot and gotten great reviews from everyone. My constuction crews love them because they have more than enough power for what they need and they are so compact and light compared to what we started with, even better than the 057's. They can use them all day long and not have the fatigue issues and complaints. Cople that with the new batteries and its even better. We've even used them to change flat tires on our vehicles. Lots of power in a little package! - Cordless - Impact Drivers - Impact Driver'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless - cordless, impact driver impact drivers Cordless - cordless, impact driver