Saturday 2 January 2010

Cable Organizer - wire management, cable


I wanted to run the cables in the wall, but decided that would be too much work. This worked out great - when painted, the texture matches the wall perfectly and blends right in. Holds all the chunky cables securely and slides behind the tv and console easily. Perfect fit. A little pricey, but worth it to save the time and effort. OmniMount CMK 4.25 Inch Cable Management Covers -- White

My wife and I wanted to mount a TV in our bedroom and we wanted to hide the wires, so we purchased two CMKs for a 6 foot cable run. I painted the covers and they looked great. I only had to do one coat. My wife didn't want to drill any holes in the wall, so I used the included sticky pads instead of the screws. After the first night all the covers fell off the wall. The sticky tape stayed on the wall and wasn't so easy to peel off, but it did come off with a little work. I ended up using 3M Command 17023P Large Mounting Replacement Strips These strips can hold up to five pounds a piece, fit on the mounting brackets perfectly, and can be removed easily. It has been a few weeks now and the covers are still holding fine. If omnimount supplied 3M strips I would have given 5 stars. Over all though, I am very pleased with the product.

The service was great. It came much sooner than I expected. Now for the product. I bought this set so I wouldn't have to make any more holes in the wall. It sounded easy enough, and they even provide the foamy stick-ons that attach it to the wall. They didn't work. Still, if I choose to screw the covers into the wall (i.e. make more holes), I can. I was hoping that the sections would snap together, but they don't. Still, I am pleased with the way the braces snap into the covers. I have covered them with wallpaper to match my wall. It's the wallpaper that is holding them together. Again, if I choose to make holes in the wall, they will work well enough.

We live in a rental house and can not put our cords in the walls. Our TV is mounted over the fire place and there were multiple cords running along the mantle and down the wall. We hid them all in this and then painted it the same color as the wall so it blends. Looks MUCH better.

As the title says, this product does its job, covering the cables. It paints very easily and blends reasonably well into the wall. It is pretty large (4") so you can definitely see it, but when you have lots of cables to hide, it has to be that way. The only real complaint I have is in the installation. It comes with double sided tape/foam that theoretically should allow you just to stick it onto the wall. I tried this and it was easy to install, but within 15 minutes the tape had peeled off and the covers were just hanging off the wall. Thus, I had to go with the screw and anchor installation. The product came with some, but they were so incredibly long and large that I just used some other smaller ones I had around the house. Its only supporting 1-2 pounds so I have no idea why it would come with such big screws.

I mounted my 42 Plasma on the wall in the bedroom because I was tired of looking at it on an old TV stand that was too short. The 4 Inch cover were easy to install and the cable tracks are large enough to hide 1 coax, 2 HDMI, 2 Power cords and RCA wire with plenty of room. There was enough room for me to loop the extra slack behind the cable covers. I tried to use the sticky back tape and this did not work at all. The tape was not strong enough to stay secure on the wall for the amount of wires I was trying to hide. The supplied screws seemed too long, so I used shorter screws left over from another project. I did not need all four pieces for this project, I used the left over pieces to hide the wires in my son's room wall mounted LCD. My friends want me to help them mount their TVs the same way because they like to clean look of the mount/cable covers.

The Omnimount 4-inch works great. I am very happy with it and even bought another one. It looks really good and is very wide which is exactly what I needed. I am running a very thick HDMI cable, coax, cat-5, power, and rca from my equipment up to my TV. Because of a fireplace, everything had to go up and then over and this worked perfectly. The stick/screw in modules the covers stick to have 3 slots for cables so I could keep the power away from the video cables to reduce interference.



Only con, the double sided tape is not the strongest I have used. Be sure it is in the right place the first time because if you have to remove it and reposition, you might as well just go ahead and get another piece.

This was just the thing to cover up all those cords when I wall-mounted my flatscreen. It looks great and covered up all those cords - for the Wii, the dvd player, cable box, surround sound, tuner... I plan to screw it into the wall, but used the sticky pads "for now" while I got everything just so. Well, contrary to some other reviews, the pads held VERY well for me, so I haven't actually used the screws yet. The cover 'snaps' onto the wall-mounted guides, and even though I forcefully snapped and unsnapped the covers a few times getting things just right the tape pads are still holding firmly. I guess I may not need to screw them in after all.



When guests come over they comment on how great the tv looks and ask where I got the cover for the cords. I'm always happy to point them to this product! - Wire Concealer - Wire Management - Wire Organizer - Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cable Organizer - wire management, cable wire concealer Cable Organizer - wire management, cable