Friday 29 January 2010

Contractor Supply


Prior to climbing a 60+ foot tree to cut branches down I started shopping for a safety harness. I have never owned a safety harness before and after searching on Amazon was apprehensive about purchasing an entry level harness. I took a shot n this unreviewed mid-priced harness. I also purchased a large carabiner and rope and attached it to the harness. I am 6'1" and 170 lbs and the harness is plenty big enough. I tied the other end to off very close to each area I was working in the tree. Thankfully I didn't end up "needing" the harness!



Pros:

- Harness looks and feels secure and solid

- Easy to put on

- D ring on back allows carabiner/rope to attach to the harness and stay out of the way



Cons:

- Adjusting the harness can be a bit challenging while wearing it. It would be a better design to use a belt buckle style adjustment, but this is just personal preference.

- Hanging on the D-ring from the harness causes the harness to cinch down around the legs a bit. The harness is certainly not to be used for suspension.



Suggestions:

- Be sure to wear pants and thick enough clothing so that the harness is as comfortable as possible.

- Test hang yourself from a very low level to ensure the harness is on properly and your security line is solid. FallTech 7015 Contractor Full Body Harness with 1 D-Ring and Mating Buckle Leg Straps, Universal Fit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Contractor Supply Contractor Supply Contractor Supply