Friday 11 December 2009

Security Bits - security bits, hex


Having read a bunch of reviews on other similar tool sets, my main worry was that the bits would be too soft to hold their edges and get stripped easily. There was one review at the time I made my decision to purchase that noted that the bits were "solid". I second that opinion. I will still be very careful when using them, but they seem very hard and unlikely to strip.



As soon as I received the set, I used them to take apart a hard drive using the Torx bits. I'm glad I got a set instead of a single Torx driver, because the hard drive I took apart needed 2 different bit sizes. Using the bits and driver I had no problem getting the hard drive apart.



As a bonus (for me), the set of flat head and Phillips head bits are perfect for tightening those eyeglass hinges that get loose over time.



I think this set is a great value for the price. 30 Pcs Pocket Precision Screwdriver Bit Set with Tweezer

After purchasing a cheap set of precision screwdrivers I was hesitant to order this one (since it was cheap too) but after reading a review saying that the bits were solid and tough I decided to give it a try. Well, I was able to repair my digital camera flash without damaging the screws, and most of all without damaging the screw driver as well (since the other one I bough got the tips bent). It comes in a nice case and all the bits are easy to access, but what I love the most is that its magnetic so, it keeps the bits on place and once I removed the screw the tiny screw stayed on the tip of the bit, I like that because it saved me from dropping the screw and then trying to find it on the floor. The only thing I wished it had was and extension for the bits.

I have to admit that I was hesitant to order this. I've purchased sets in the past for a specific job and paid low prices, only to find out that the "Made in China" items were flimsy and weaker than the screws they were supposed to remove. This set is SOLID and the multiple tips will keep you busy for hours. I needed a torx screwdriver to fix an iPod and this provided - at a great price which I assume to be an introductory price (plus free shipping with Amazon prime!)

Overall, ten thumbs up for this little set.. case is solid, snaps closed firmly. Screwdriver handle is small, so guys with big hands may have some trouble getting a good grip, but handle beats the jewelry screwdrivers out there. Very pleased.

What can you expect for this cheap price? Obviously, this is not a high quality tool; not like the ones you would see in a professional environment.



But I needed one for home to maintenance my computer. Forget the Philips screwdriver, the quality is too low; you're better off getting them at your local stores. What I really wanted was the Torx screwdrivers. Again, not high quality, but the assortment of the bit sizes were nice, and I was able to disassemble my Mac with out messing up any of my screws.



So I have to say it does get the job done right and at a really good price.

When I previously needed a precision screwdriver, I either could never find the right size or the hand grip would be so narrow and small that I could not apply the proper amount of force to it. With this set, there are 30 bits to work with and the hand grip allows for good control over the screwing movement. The bits are nicely stored in the box and are easy to remove and put back.

We had a trouble with our Wii when our 3 years old curious george inserted a piece of plastic and paper into Wii and turned out it didn't read any game disc at all so my husband tried to open it but had a hard time finding the right screw driver which is a tri wing one. we looked everywhere at Radioshack, Bestbuy, Walmart, Sear but nobody carries this so we found one here on Amazon and my husband really didn't find the one he like by reading all those comments mostly said other screw drivers from other brands didn't work



so the broken Wii left there for almost a month and we were thinking sending to Nintendo to fix it and we've heard they will charge for $80 so finally I found this screw driver set and ordered it.. it really save the day



my husband can open the Wii using all those different screw driver heads came with this set and work fine it might loose a lil bit but still work ok now he can open it and use a tweezer to get those pice of paper and plastic out and now our Wii it's working again. so for $10 it's worthy and you can save for other gadget too

I mean really JUNK. I know it's a good price, but it's a cheap plastic case and the metal bits fall out of the cheap plastic/rubber handle. This one's going back. BUY a NAME BRAND. DEFINITELY NOT "precision"

I gave this product a 5 star rate just because it exceeded my expectations, I bought it to change the housing of my cell phone and have had to use it once or twice since then, but for an occasional use this set rocks, I've read a lot of reviews looking for similar sets of screwdrivers and in the end I chose this one because it had good ratings, in the end it did what it had to do and the tip of the screws held together pretty well.

I bought these for replacing my macbook (late 2009) hard drive.

It works perfectly. love that it's magnetics and pretty good build quality as well!

The packaging is a bit off though. It came with an envelope instead of a small box and the case cracked.

but it wasn't a real problem. so overall the product is a 5 star for the value! - Cheap - Hex - Torx - Security Bits'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Security Bits - security bits, hex torx Security Bits - security bits, hex