Friday 11 December 2009

Metal Cutting Miter Saw - cut-off saw, metal cutting miter saw


I'm cutting light tube stock with the occasional small bar. This saw works by taking tiny bites with carbide teeth.



It replaced a Horz bandsaw in my shop. Very good value for the money in my opinion Evolution Power Tools FURY2 14-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Chop Saw

This is a powerful machine. Cut through my poles and fixture metal like butter. Glad I got this over a chop saw because there was no sparks from each cut. This comes in handy especially if you are working indoors and do not want any fire risk. Would highly recommend.

Received unit sooner than actually expected. Had a couple nice days to work in the shop so I proceeded to build a stand out of steel tubing for the saw,and just set the saw on a temporary table. The saw did not move around while cutting and cut through the material quikly,with no sparks and dust accumulation. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is I thought it could have a better way to catch more of the shavings.I did manage to cut the tubing faster than using my band saw,and ended up with nicer cuts.

I regret two things about this saw. 1) I gave it to my dad. 2) I gave it to him before Christmas. So now I'm left without this awesome saw and I still need to buy him a Christmas present. All that aside, the saw delivers a very nice straight cut and it's fast.

Got the saw Saturday and immediately went to work cutting some steel 1 1/4" x 1/8" wall square tube. Cuts through it like butter, quick, easy, and a nice clean cut. Also cut some 3/8" x 2" steel bar, no problem. I'm very please with the quality and performance for the price.



One thing that wasn't clear to me from the description was if a blade was included, I ordered a blade as well but found there is one already on the saw so I have an extra. - Cut-off Saw - Metal Cutting Miter Saw - Circular Saws - Metal Cutting'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Metal Cutting Miter Saw - cut-off saw, metal cutting miter saw circular saws Metal Cutting Miter Saw - cut-off saw, metal cutting miter saw