Sunday 27 December 2009

Home Office Desks - table, laptop stand


If you travel and you have a notebook computer, you need this table. It truly weighs only 3 pounds. I couldn't believe the small size of the package when it arrived. But don't let the size of the package fool you. The top expands to hold not only a notebook computer but also provides ample space for a mouse, if you use one.



The legs telescope down and fit into the underside of the table. When the legs are opened, they twist securely to whatever height you need. When traveling, that's important, since hotel chairs come in various heights. You'll be able to adjust this little table to whichever height is most comfortable for you to work.



There is also a document holder included. It's not fancy, but it does the job. The document holder comes apart and stores underneath the table, along with the legs. There's a spongy place there to store the document holder.



This table is so small when the legs are stored underneath, that you can easily store it in a briefcase or whatever case you use to carry your notebook computer. Tabletote - Portable Compact Lightweight Laptop Notebook Stand

This is an amazing laptop desk. I've used many laptop stands and tables, however I've never found one that does what this one does. The adjustable legs allow me not only to use my laptop on the road, but in bed as well. At the shortest setting the table becomes the perfect height for computing in bed. My laptop has found a life long mate. Kudos TableTote.

This product is a "must have" for people who travel and work on their laptops. Even if you have access to airline "Club" rooms at airports, most often, the cubes are all taken...TableTote to the rescue! I work a lot of trade shows, and it comes in very handy as an extra surface for handouts or as another display table. It has also been a blessing when arriving for a presentation and there is no convenient place for the projector. Works like a champ!

I used this for the first time in the courtroom for a trial where I wanted to put both the laptop and LCD projector on the table. One of the legs broke when I pulled it out. After I managed to set it up, it was so, unstable I ended up using a table I found in the courtroom. The table is plastic and cheap. You get what you pay for. The only good thing I can say is that the design is good, if only they could make it a better quality, even though it might add some weight to it.

After reading all the good review about this product, I ordered it. Unfortunately it did not suite my needs and when I tried to set up, one of the leg got struck up. I wanted to return this product and whenever I called the customer service number provided in the Seller's web site, it always went to the message box. They never returned the call at all. I wasted my money and this product became useless. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this product to any one. Poor quality and Poor customer service.

This is a horrible, unsturdy peice. Once assembled- it was so wobbly, I didn't even place a book on it! I thought I put it together wrong, but I didn't. I should've listened to the other reviews- but I thought "how bad could it be- everyone else was being dramatic"... It's horrible- don't buy it!

Sturdy enough for my projector. Compact enough for the road. Just don't bump it. I'll keep it short and sweet. This table will work in a pinch. Not the most sturdy table in the world, so if you can keep people away from the table and you keep your feet away from the legs, you'll be okay. Don't overtighten the leg extensions. It came with a mousepad which I'll never use. There is a "document holder" comprised of an antenna extension (like on a portable radio) which you attach a spring clip to which the document is held. Not meant for large docs. For what I was looking for, this table did what it was supposed to do. If you are looking for super sturdy, look elsewhere.

Pros: This is a nice, basic laptop table with no frills. The surface is smooth and accommodates my 15.4 laptop. With the legs inserted properly and tightened the table is sturdy enough.



CONS: This is not a table that lends itself to frequent set-up and take-down. I use my laptop for DJ type work and set up my equipment in a different location several nights a week. I need a laptop table that is quick, easy and sturdy. The Table Tote presents some problems for me. The cover/extension has to be fitted into slots to complete the working surface. There is a small plastic piece on each side that fits into slots running the length of the table.

They are easily mis-fitted and a second try is often times required. After getting the top properly notched into the long slots you have to put equal pressure on each side as you slide the top to a desired spot. It can jam quite easily. I can predict that the very small pieces that fit into the slots will break off at some point making the top/cover just about useless. It might be a minor thing, but the top of the table has no mouse pad. This table seems very basic for the price.

I wanted to buy this product since I do a lot of traveling.



I love practicality of any design / product, more than its looks for that matter.



Let me jump into the pros and cons that I noticed about this.



Pros: 1) Small and light. Fits into the laptop bag (Not all laptop bags since it is 1+ inches thick, like the old fat laptops of yesteryears)

2) Telescopic legs, easy mechanism to adjust the height (this is a drawback here too).

3) Quite sturdy to keep a laptop, a cup of coffee and hang a piece of paper for reference.



Cons: 1) The legs could have been telescopic yet foldable in a way that it is already attached at one end to the table. As of now, everyone around you will watch as you take out each of the legs, extend the length and fit it one by one.

2) The table top extender (which is also the slidable cover for the legs storage area, has two notches that can break due to frequent use (since the plastic is a bit brittle and hard) Gotta be careful when sliding them in.

3) There are binder clips and a note hanger that is hidden in the foam area in the legs storage space. These tend to fall off if you leave them there, being not in a mood to use them.

4) The table tote is not sturdy if the legs are extended all the way to its max length. It seems to wobble a little.

5) 40 dollars seems a bit pricey and it is in my opinion that more buyers would have sought this if it was between 20 and 30.



Note: It is better to balance the height of the legs first and then fit them in. I found this to be easier than fitting them one by one and adjusting the height.



Overall: This is a nice solution, great for travel, if you would want to avoid yourself from lapping a heated laptop and relax while this table tote does the trick for you! - Laptop Stand - Table - Laptop Desk - Notebook Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Home Office Desks - table, laptop stand laptop desk Home Office Desks - table, laptop stand