Sunday 27 December 2009

Air Compressor - air pump, jumper cables


The AAA 73 Piece Adventurer Road Assistance Kit is okay, but could be much better.



Seventy-three pieces sounds like a great deal or bargain; however, keep in mind that one alcohol prep or small pamphlet is counted within that number. In addition, the accompanying hand-tools (e.g. screw driver, pliers) are of very low quality.



Overall, the kit is recommended, but users may consider supplementing the hand tools for better brands, such as Craftsman or Stanley, and adding other useful materials, such as air foam to fill tires, ice scraper (if one lives in cold climates), and much more. AAA 73 Piece Premium Excursion Road Kit

this pack has a lot of great stuff, including jumper cables and an electric air compressor (would have never thought to buy one but now that i have it i feel much better) The triangle is heavy which is good for windy weather, and the wind-up flashlight is useful. The poncho and first-aid kit is a great extra. when i first got it i took everything out and played around with the different pieces and then was able to repack the bag to get it to zipper up easily (unlike maps where once you open you cant fold it again). The bag stays in my trunk at all times and feel that when i travel i will be safe for most situations.

A great value for the money. Comes with everything mentioned in the description above and is contained quite nicely and conveniently in the double sided/zippered bag. The contents are arranged nicely inside. The only thing it didn't come with was a glass breaking/seat belt cutting tool. The next AAA kit up comes with one, but you can get the tool cheaper than paying the price it costs to upgrade the kit.

I bought two of these; one for my car and one for my husbands. Actually, he cut his finger pretty bad the other day so we got in the first aid part of the kit and used a band-aid!!

What a piece of JUNK!

I got this last year, and checked everything out when it arrived, averting thing seemed okay, and I assumed that it would be in working order. Boy was I wrong.

Last week we had a terrible rain storm and I got a flat tire, so I tried to use the air pump to fill up my tire so I could get to a service station. What a waste of money. As soon as I plug it into my cigarette lighter not only did it not work, but it burned my cigarette lighter out!

So in summation

a)I was stranded alone at night on the side of the road in a torrential down pour

b)Could not get to a service station to get my tire fixed

c)Had to call for road side assistance

d)It broke my car

e)It would cost me even more money to return it than the cost of the item; not to mention the cost of the road side assistance, and to repair my cigarette lighter, and the cost of a new air pump to replace the "new" air pump that I purchased.



In my book this deserves 0 stars... minus one for each of the above.

I purchased this thinking that it would provide me with some security and saftey on the road, and it seems to have done the completed opposite of what I purchased this for.

I have just received my 73 piece car safety kit. It seems to have all of the listed items in it and they appear to be well made. It is important to keep in mind if your considering this item that they count every single item as part of the 73 (each bandade and zip tie count). Other than that, I know that I will feel more comfortable in my daily commute and random adventures having this kit in my trunk.



Happy adventuring!

I would recommend caution before relying on the booster cable included with this kit. An 8 gauge/10 foot cable is adequate for a small car, but it is apt to be too thin and too short for a larger car or truck. A large engine is apt to draw more current than the (relatively) thin 8 gauge wire in this kit's cable can safely handle. For this reason, the 'standard' gauge for jumper cables is 6. (A smaller gauge number translates to thicker wire. Thicker wire can transmit more energy.) My wife recently tried to jump start our pickup using an 8 gauge booster cable. The attempt melted the cable. (Before you condemn me for not following my own advice, she decided not to use the pickup truck's cables because they were stored underneath a load of luggage. Instead, she borrowed cables from her sister, who was providing the "donor car".)



Also, unless there is plenty of room in front of or along side of the vehicle that needs to be jumped, 10' of cable length may be insufficient to connect the battery of the donor car and the battery of the disabled car. For example, my car has it's batter on the driver's side of the engine compartment and my pickup has its battery on the passenger side. If both vehicles were facing the same direction and parked next to each other with the car on the driver's side of the pickup, the two batteries would be more than 10' apart. The easy solution, of course, would be to park the vehicles facing each other or to park the car on the other side of the pickup. Then, a 10' cable would reach. The problem with this easy solution, of course, is that an obstacle (such as a telephone pole, another car, or a fence) may prevent the donor car from being parked where you'd otherwise want it to be.



For these reasons, unless you have a small car with a battery that's unusually easy to reach from all directions, I'd recommend carrying booster cables that are at least 6 gauge and 16' in length. - Air Pump - Jumper Cables - First Aid - Air Compressor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Air Compressor - air pump, jumper cables first aid Air Compressor - air pump, jumper cables