Thursday 19 November 2009

Travel Handbag - sling bag, backpack purse


Well, maybe you are the type of person who buys a bag for every occasion and you don't need your bag to last very long, but I am not that wealthy. I wear a back pack purse everyday to work or play and I need it to last at least six months. This bag is wearing out. The fabric on the bottom corners is frayed and you can now see the white liner showing through. Also the zippers seldom stay closed at the bottom of the bag. The bottom of the zippers usually rip open on their own about an inch from the bottom. There is an inner lining that keeps things from falling out, but it is annoying. It is light weight which is great, but I am not happy that it is wearing out so quickly. Baggallini Urban Backpack,Navy,One Size

It's perfect! Lightweight, perfect size for everyday and will be great for travel. Two zippers on the outside and lots of slots on the inside for everything you carry in your purse. Also, the straps can be adjusted to wear as a shoulder bag or a backpack to SAVE your back!

I bought this bag to use on a five week trip to FL. I wanted a bag that looked good enough for any occasion but converted to a backpack when I was more active. This bag was great except when I warmed up and began perspiring, the dye from the zipper rubbed off on my clothing. I do like the security of the zippers and the magnetic clasp at the top. Be careful though...I laid my bag down to put on my jacket on a restaurant table where we had just ate dinner. I was very surprised when we got back to the room and I found a fork stuck to the front of my bag! The magnetic clasp is very strong!

I love this bag! Before I found it, I imagined what I needed to get me thru airports,

shopping trips, sightseeing,flower shows, etc. I struggled with not having enough arms and hands to

hold everything and still hold my granddaughter's hand. You get the picture.

THEN I found this Baggallini Urban Backpack and could't locate it to look at it. Nevermind,

I read all the other reviews and took a chance. The most useful reviews told me what people

were actually carrying in their's. So, here is what is in mine: a long wallet (I don't use the

little pockets for credit cards), a small cosmetic pouch, a small hair brush, a small tube of

hand cream, 2 pens, 2 lip gloss tubes, cell phone and keys.. I have added, when needed, my check books,

leather gloves, sunglasses. Yesterday, I made room to carry my small umbrella altho it

didn't zip totally closed at the top. Overall, its sturdy and lightweight (important since I have

shoulder-neck problems when I carry something heavy). I like the dual use back strap and have

used it both ways. I love the color, "Pewter" and would like to have it in Red. The zippers are sturdy and

smooth. I think when I travel to Paris, I will wear it across my front just to be safe from pickpockets.

A great bag! Perfect size without looking like I'm going mountain climbing (which I do).

If you are looking for a stylish, small, backpack style purse, this is a nice bag. I like the large opening created by the long zipper. It lets you access the interior very easily. Though the bag had style, I returned mine. I wanted a light weight bag and this is built quite substantially so it was heavy even when empty. Secondly, it had numerous credit card slots and other "organizer" features and pockets and loops. My experience is that these are a waste and a hinderance when trying to access the contents of a purse. I like to carry a very small wallet (with cash, credit card, medical information, and driver's license) that I can withdraw quickly. Fumbling around inside a bag for credit cards/cash is not efficient for everday use or when traveling. If the bag had been one lighweight layer with a lining and had just one zippered pocket, the design would have fit my needs. I own a small Baggalini purse that converts from a shoulder bag to a waist bag. It has been on many journeys and served me well. However, this too is overdone with too many pockets and slots. These additions actually limit the inside space because with an open area you can carry more and arrange things in a more effienct manner. Baggallini would be wise to redesign the interior of their bags.

Perfect! I switched from carrying a small leather organizer purse by Fossil which I've carried for years, to the Baggallini Urban Backpack to ease some shoulder discomfort. This is just the right size (about the same size as my small organizer purse) and light weight (compared to my small leather organizer purse): 10 slots for credit cards, 3 inner pockets (1 zipped, 2 not zipped) for cash, change, cell phone, 2 outer zipped pockets, magnetic closure, small handle at the top for carrying plus strap separates to carry it as a backpack. I'm giving it a 5-star rating although I think some small improvement could be made to the strap. The strap is not adjustable and separates by means of a zipper converting it into a backpack style. However, I am a small, short person and the bag is the right size and falls just at the right spot on my back so it's perfect for me.

I've had my Baggallini Urban Backpack for a few months now, and overall it's a stylish, practical bag, as mentioned by many reviewers. I have had a repeated issue, however: the lining in the zippered compartment in the back (there's one that faces front (as you can see in the photo), as well as one that faces back) has loosened, and it gets caught in the zipper. It's really a pain to try to get the lining unstuck, and I can't move the zipper up or down until I do so. I try to be really careful to make sure the lining is taut before I zip it, but about once a week it still gets stuck. Super-annoying. - Handbags - Backpack Purse - Cross-body - Sling Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Travel Handbag - sling bag, backpack purse backpack purse Travel Handbag - sling bag, backpack purse