Thursday 19 November 2009

Horizon Fitness - exercise, exercise bikes


I have owned the Horizon RC 30 recumbent bike for about two months and I haven't had any problems with it so far. This stationary bike is almost identical to those you find in any gym, except that it doesn't have LED lights, but otherwise it performs in the same way. I am still trying to find the time to read the directions to operate the panel properly. I'm sure after I do that I'll find it very easy to fine-tune each workout session. For now I just more or less decide whether I want an easy workout or a more challenging one by just seeing what happens on the panel when I push certain keys. Customer service was very helpful by providing me with the phone number of a couple of companies in my area that could assemble this item for a fee. It would have been virtually impossible for me to do the job myself as this item comes completely disassembled and it can be quite overwhelming. Horizon Fitness RC-30 Recumbent Exercise Bike

I shopped for several months and tried out lots of bikes including Golds Gym's recumbent bikes.



I tried the R3 at Sam's Club and knew it was perfect! I am a big guy at 292 pounds and over 6' tall. I have had the bike for two months and with a low calorie diet have dropped 25 pounds so far!



I have had five right knee operations to date and my back was injured in a car accident two years ago which has greatly limited my exercise abililty. My doctor recommended a recumbent bike and I can ride this one for 45 minutes at 15 mph on the weight loss plus program.



Better than any of the more expensive bikes I tried at Gym X.

The bike was easy to assemble, took a little over an hour. It has been running without issue since it arrived. the only downside is that the screen does not light up when its on and it can be difficult to see in low light, so don't plan to be able to read the screen without overhead lights on. Over all this is a great bike.

So far, the Horizon Bike has performed well. It is quiet, the electronics are easy to use, and unlike many such bikes, it is easy to mount and dismount.



I generally don't like to assemble a product, but this was pretty easy to assemble.



We are pleased at the performance.

Most importantly, the bike easily adjusts to the smaller (10 years and up) and taller (over 6 foot) in our family and is an extremely comfortable ride. We like the recumbent more than we thought - padding on the seat and back with lumbar support and dual placement of handles makes it easier to ride for longer. The console provides many options of manual and preprogrammed rides with intensity levels I can't imagine ever hitting. Keeps track of time, distance, calories, heart rate on an easy to read display. The cup holder and matching water bottle were a bonus we didn't expect.



For delivery and assembly - it came quickly and my husband was able to carry down to basement and set up completely independently - took about an hour. All tools included. Came in lots of pieces but the instructions were very clear.



One disappointment - my fault though for not noticing - is that it doesn't have a plug in for mp3 player. Since we bought the horizon treadmill at the same time and it did, I incorrectly presumed that any current Horizon product would include it standard. Since the treadmill has it I do miss it.

I have been using this bike for the past 3 weeks. I have also previously owned a Schwinn 220, briefly. The bike takes on the order of 2 hours to put together. The tools provided are of high quality. A couple of the bolts had trouble going in. WD40 helped, somewhat. The instructions are easy to follow. The bike works as you would expect. It is quiet when in use. The seat is comfortable. The 8 resistance levels are more than adequate. I typically run it between 3 and 5. The included workout programs are just okay. The programming does not take into account your weight or age, the programs are hard-coded to a 30 minute workout time, and there is no cool down period. There are two custom programs available to help alleviate some of these issues. Still, I was a little disappointed with the lack of features on the console. I would recommend this bike to a friend. In comparison to the Schwinn, this bike has a better, smoother seat adjustment, they are equal as far as smoothness of operation of the wheel, and the Schwinn has a better, more customizable console. I feel the Horizon Fitness bike wins on build quality. I purchased two Shwinn bikes. I returned the first due to a broken electrical connecter and the second when the brake mechanism died after one day of use. I purchased the Horizon Fitness bike because it fit my needs, but also I did pay close attention to the warranty offered by bike manufacturers and I would recommend you do the same.

The bike is extremely well made - high quality- and is serialized so it can be registered. It was very easy to assemble, though the directions left 1 or 2 things out, it wasn't a problem. The action is not as smooth as I would like, but my husband is heavier and stronger and he says its OK- so it could just be me. The electronics are very nice and the choices of routines are very sufficient. The heart rate monitor is iffy - but that isn't a deal breaker for sure. I believe it was well worth the money and I will get great use out of it.

i just had knee replacement surgery almost 4 weeks ago. the recumbent was ordered just before i had my surgery. i was pleased to hear it was delivered before i returned home from the hospital. very happy with the product and the prompt shipment. i am already using the recumbent 2 - 3 times a day.

After trying bikes at several stores and reading reviews, I purchased the Horizon Fitness Recumbent Bike. The bike is sturdy and has several programs to use that are preset and very easy to figure out. One of the main reasons for me choosing this bike is that the seat adj is very easy and the whole family can use it, we range from 4'8-6'. My husband had no trouble putting it together, it took him less than an hour. Free shipping was AWESOME, ordered bike and had it on my front porch 5 days later, can't ask for better than that for free. - Exercise Bikes - Exercise - Recumbent Bike - Exercise Bike'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Horizon Fitness - exercise, exercise bikes exercise bike Horizon Fitness - exercise, exercise bikes