Thursday 19 November 2009

Blackberry Pearl Battery - battery, cell battery


I don't know why mobile phone batteries have to be such an issue. Retail OEM batteries are insanely expensive to the point where it's cheaper to buy a new phone. I understand that it's called planned obsolescence, but I hate it just the same.



I decided at 1/4 the retail price, and having it sold from Amazon LLC and not an associate re-seller, I might as well give it a try.**



The battery came in a very minimal wrapper. So minimal I almost didn't see it. It fell in between the flaps inside the box it was shipped in. When I opened the wrapper, the battery label looked fake. It felt different than my original battery and the graphics weren't as sharp. A similar kind of quality you might expect from street corner bootleggers.*** But it was the exact same size, so I put it in and charged it up for what seemed like a long time.



I'm pleased to say that on that first charge the phone lasted a full 24-hours with regular email/web use and 50% charge left over. However, a full day at work will be the real test.



One thing I should point out is that the original battery was beginning to bulge, which I read was an indication of it failing and in some cases, bursting out into flames. But the other thing was that it actually cased my phone to perform slower. It turned on slow; turned off slow; switched apps painfully slow to the point where I thought the phone was just trashed.



But now it would seem that it was the battery all along. With the new battery, the phone is as quick as I can ever remember it being. If you're looking for a replacement battery, this one may work for you. Just be careful who you're buying it from.



---

**Note: For most items, I don't mind resellers. The Amazon framework for creating your own online store is a good idea. But when it comes to batteries, which are too often unlabeled refurbs or cheap knockoff, you should expect the real deal from a trusted source.



***Note: Does anyone even remember when street corner bootleggers were the scourge of the music/movie industry? BlackBerry Li-Ion Battery for BlackBerry Pearl 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130 (Yellow) - Battery - Cell Battery - Blackberry 8100 Battery - Blackberry Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blackberry Pearl Battery - battery, cell battery blackberry 8100 battery Blackberry Pearl Battery - battery, cell battery