Tuesday 8 September 2009

Value For Money - value for money, 4g


This is truly an amazing machine. A huge step up from my old 1.6ghz single-core laptop. The computer is extremely fast and the fingerprint reader is far beyond what I expected. You can 'enroll' your fingerprints (any fingers you want, you can even do all of them) and then set certain fingers to open certain programs. Up to 3 on each finger.

The webcam is very good as well. I was surprised how well it works in low light situations. You can see perfectly!

The only thing I dislike about the computer is the mouse. But you're gonna hear that from the majority of people with a dv6 or similar model. (I bought an external mouse to fix the issue). It's hard to press down when you are trying to drag something. But when you are just browsing the internet then it is fine because I just tap it. I like how it has a mouse lock. You tap twice the small circle in the upper left hand corner and it's locked. Do the same to unlock it.

Also, what I didn't like at first, but now I don't mind, is the keyboard. It has an extra set of keys on the left hand side making it kind of confusing to know where your fingers are. At first I was thinking about returning it but then I got used to it. The keys feel great, well at least to me.

In my opinion you should check out this laptop in store first to see if you like the mouse and keyboard and such.



Overall, this is a great machine (besides the mouse of course). If you think you can look past that flaw then this would be a great product for you at a great price!



BTW- I didn't buy from Amazon (It was $699 at the time). I'm not sure how great Amazon is with computer products. I bought it from office max for $549 on 2/4/11. But they're most likely sold out by now. If you want a cheaper price than amazon, which I recommend, go to HP.com or office depot. Which are both $599. HP Pavilion dv6-3230us Entertainment Laptop (Silver)

I tried a similar model of the aluminum dv6 but had problems with media applications with the AMD Phenomenon chip. This intel core i3 runs like a whistle. Very clean, fast loading device. It runs very cool, even while the battery is charging. LOVE IT!

I've had the dv6-3230us notebook for a few weeks now, and I have to say I'm really liking it. It's fast, nice bright display, the fingerprint reader works flawlessly, it's nice that it has bluetooth too. I have only ran into a couple things that could be better: The keyboard could be spaced out a little more, and it would be nice to have the one finger scrolling that most notebooks have. Other than those 2 minor things, I love this notebook. It's my first time using windows 7 and I actually really like it. Everything that I liked in XP is still there plus some new features. I enjoy having the dedicated buttons on the keyboard for brighness, media controls, wifi, lock, print, calculator, ect. Overall I would highly reccomend this to anyone who's looking for a sub $600 notebook that will knock your socks off.

Many reviews of this computer will draw attention to the clicking section on the touch-pad as it requires a surprising amount of pressure to click on something. However, it is not as bad as some will make it sound. It is not a perfect design, but you can easily compensate by using a mouse or by clicking using the touchpad itself. Do not be deterred from purchasing this computer because of the touchpad, the other features of the computer and the price make up for it in a big way.



I upgraded to this computer from a 2006 Gateway Laptop with a an AMD dual-core processor and I am impressed with the improvement in performance. I use the HP for music, internet, Microsoft office, social networking, skype, and I'm sure I'll play a game or two, but the point is that this is more than enough computer for what I use it for. The i3 processor is fast, especially compared to something that is 5 years older. I could not justify spending more money on a computer with an i5 or i7 processor, I doubt it would make much of a difference for the typical computer user. Don't get tricked into buying a computer with an i5 or i7 processor unless you seriously can not afford to wait an extra second or fraction of a second for a program to load.



The following are a few reasons this computer stood out for me. The price is right; this is a great deal considering the processor, memory space, and the bells & whistles like the webcam and fingerprint scanner. The fingerprint scanner is really convenient, no more usernames and passwords, just scan your finger! The definition and clarity of the LED screen and downloads are impressive, I was pleasently surprised by this the first time I watched a video on youtube. Not important to performance, but the design is very stylish; it always helps to look good. Also, its an HP, I have many friends and family members who own HP computers and have great things to say about the quality. This is my first HP and so far, I would highly recommend it to anyone.

I'm going to review this computer for those out there that are not tech savvy. I wont go into details of rams and giga bytes and video memory and such. I will describe this computer in actual performance.



I got this computer to replace my old Dell lattitude. First off this is a very good computer. It has a huge hard drive which I've only filled halfway with all my programs, my 4,000 songs, 70+ movies, and 2,000 plus high resolution photos. It will be a long while till my hard drive is full.



Great sound from the speakers. I can play movies without having to plug into external speakers to hear them.



Great for watching movies. Has a large 15" widescreen.



As far as games I have Sims 3, Sims 3 Medieval, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Tiger Woods 08 installed and have had no performance problems. They all run fast. I'm sure other games will work just as well.



This is a fast computer and have had multiple programs open at the same time without any slowdowns or performance problems.



Now the only downside. It has a terrible trackpad. I had gotten so used to the Dells and never used an external mouse on those, but on this it is awful. Too sensitive, the pointer jumps way off if your not centered, and evens moves when clicking the right and click buttons. I got an external wireless mouse for this computer and it is needed.



Overall I'd give this computer a rating of 8 out of 10 (2 points off for the bad trackpad), but this is definitely a great buy and after a month I love it. - 4g - Value For Money - Hp Pavilion Notebooks - Aluminum'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Value For Money - value for money, 4g aluminum Value For Money - value for money, 4g