Tuesday 8 September 2009

Anti-glare


I ordered these screen protectors for my Xoom mainly because there are 3 in a pack and I know from experience that it is very hard to get it right on the first try. Well the first one got too many specs on it (these protectors seem more static and pick up more dust particles than others). The second one went on more smoothly and only got 1 very tiny dust spec, which is right near the edge so it's not very noticeable. Anyway, here are the pros and cons I have found:



Pros:

- Clear and smooth, feels like glass, scrolls nicely

- Easy to install

- 3 per pack in case you make mistakes!

- Perfect cutouts for camera and mic.





Cons:

- Seems to attract dust easily and produce some static during installation

- Too shiny, not anti-glare. I might as well go without it!

- Fingerprints show even more than the original glass. Looks terrible!

- Makes text a bit fuzzy, not as clear as the original glass (Tiny text under icons is most noticeable).

- Colors seem just a little bit different, not as clear or bright as without it.

- Definitely less visibility at an angle. Only looks great if you are looking directly at it straight-on. splash Masque Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Motorola XOOM (3-Pack)

I like the fact you apply this dry. It is a much easier install than the detergent/water method a lot of other screen protectors use.



However, it is not perfect. You still have to be very careful to (1) clean the Xoom and (2) apply this in a dust free location. If you are like me - own a few pets and don't religiously vacuum, you may have issues with bits of dust getting under the film as you are trying to install it. I had to toss the first two films after some stray dust caused a few air bubbles which couldn't be removed.



I ended up applying the last film (thankfully they include three) in the bathroom after running a hot shower to create a steam. The steam seemed to control the floating dust. It worked much better. But even so, I still have a small bubble caused by a single piece of tiny dust.



But on the bright side, the film is MUCH better about attracting fingerprints.

Overall, happy with these. I apply screen protectors to all ipods, iphones, tablets we have. These were about the same as any others. Actually took me 2 protectors to get one on right. That normally doesn't happen, so not sure if these are different or it was me.



They do the job and attract prints, but easy to wife off. Would/will buy more, as needed.

I am pretty clumsy and was surprised that I was able to apply this onto my Xoom without any bubbles on first try. Now I have two for spares!



The film is pretty good. I wish it's anti-glare though. Anyway, I hardly notice that it's there.

This is my first review on Amazon. I would not purchase this product again as the fingerprints are way too much.



It applies easy like other screen protectors but this product does need improvement.

It's a good protector, easy to install, except for the fact that it needs to be installed in a Clean Room. One spec of dust will create a bubble, and one a piece of dust is stuck to the masque, getting rid of it is a trick. The sticky side of the masque can be cleaned with water, alcohol, Windex, etc, but you have to use a lint-free cloth.



So, if you install it in a clean place, it's awesome, but if you have a house with dust or pets, I recommend installing it in the bathroom after running a super-hot shower (the steam will make all the dust fall).

Once installed the product is fine, however the installation process on the xoom took several attempts to get right and the protector does not survive removal. So I bought three screen protectors and used all three before getting a reasonably bubble free installation.

This screen protector fits the Xoom perfectly. It also goes on extremely well for such a large surface area. You must follow the normal recommendations that many forums recommend, especially with a screen this large:



1) Go into a bathroom and turn on a hot shower & exhaust fan (this cuts down the dust)

2) Clean the screen well with glass cleaner and the lint cloth that comes with the screen protectors

3) Apply the screen protector starting at one end and lay it down slowly

4) While doing this, get close enough to the hot shower to let a little humidity get on the Xoom screen (don't get it wet - use common sense)



I put mine on and there was a little moisture under the screen protector. I used the included applicator to push out the bubbles and moisture and you could not tell that the screen protector was there. No dust, no bubbles, nothing. It looked fantastic and the touch screen worked great. There was less glare and less finger prints on the screen. I highly recommend these, but I also recommend you apply them in a dust free environment, like your bathroom with a hot shower running.

I've purchased and installed many screen protectors for my iphone, droid incredible, mb pro, ipad, and now my xoom. There seem to be fewer options for the xoom and after reading the positive reviews on this one, decided to give it a try. After thoroughly cleaning and applying the first film, there were too many bubbles to count. I decided to try again. After cleaning the 2nd time, same result. I haven't tried the 3rd film yet (hoping the 3rd time's a charm), but I doubt its any different. Previously, I've had no issues with installation, whether it be Zagg's Invisible Shield's wet application (iPhone, mb pro, droid incredible), or Power Support's dry application (iPhone, iPad). I prefer the dry static application, but this one has performed sub par for me.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Anti-glare Anti-glare Anti-glare