Wednesday 19 August 2009

Travel Rods


I was not only pleased with this but fascinated. I own 15 travel rods & this is the best. I have it paired with a Cedros 80 reel with 50 lb. Braid to use with boat fishing. I plan to test drive it in Maine next month. It does cast well. I tossed a jig about 80' with the Medium tip. Great detail with a solid look describes this instrument. Great carrying case and I like the two tip option for the rod. Okuma NOMAD Travel Spinning Rod (15 - 40 Lbs, 7-Feet, Medium-Light)

I like this rod for saltwater fishing for bigger fish. I was fishing in the Keys in March and worked the shallow reefs. The rod is too heavy for that. Most fish I caught were in the 10-16" range. However, I caught a 12" blue runner on a lighter rod and used it as barracuda bait. For that I used the Okuma rod with the 40lb tip. It was ideal for that. I got a strong hit from a 3' barracuda, but he didn't take the hook enough to set it. Nevertheless, for that kind of fishing, the rod is great.

Had to ship to Hawks Cay Marathon Fl.Just a little to long in break drop mode to fit in suit case (I did bring 2 Okuma travel rods and 2 TRL travel rods)not enough room for gear and clothes. But they are good strong rods that I will use in my local NJ saltwater waters.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Travel Rods Travel Rods Travel Rods