Wednesday 19 August 2009

Portable Vehicle Gps - gps mount, portable vehicle gps


I was pretty excited about getting this pad. It was short lived. I set it up in my car, mounting the new gps mount to the center. Later I headed to the store and turned the corner and then gps unit fell forward, still attached to the mat. Come to find out that the mat is "USE ONLY SOFT VINYL" dashboards - mine is leather! This IMPORTANT information is located BEHIND the mat and you would never know this until you cut open the packaging. Mine is being returned...bummer. Bracketron UFM-210-BL NavMat II Portable GPS Dashboard Mount

I wanted a non-permanent place to put the gps on my dash. I also didn't want something very bulky. This mat works great! You hardly notice it's there. The edges of the mat don't stick to the dash the way a permanent adhesive would, but it has not moved around on any trip. I would certainly recommend this dash mount.

This Bracketon UFM -210-BL worked great for me. I was tired of having my Sony NV-U 94T GPS leave rings on my windshield. A telltale sign for thieves as well it was very difficult to clean the marks off of my windshield. I liked this dash mount because it did not leave marks on my windshield. I also liked the Bracketon dash mount because it allowed me to mount my GPS unit lower and obstruct my view less.

After completing a 2K+ road trip - excellent choice for my needs - allows gps to sit between steering wheel and dash in wife's car avoiding view obstructing windshield mount. Price was far better than local.

I REALLY wanted to like this product because its a great concept and seems to be very well made. The problem is, it doesn't work in my car or with my device, but that's not to say it won't work with yours. The mat is very flexible, which may help on slight dash contours with a lightweight device attached to it, but I bought it to hold the car dock for my Droid X, which is rather large, and is heavy with the phone in it. Also, my car is a 2002 Volvo S40, which has no completely flat dash area. While the flexible mat conforms to the dash fine with nothing on it, when I put my device on it (after properly preparing the surface), the airspace under the non-flexible part (where the plastic suction mount is in the middle) is enough to create a gap that gets bigger and bigger until the whole thing falls forward in about 5 min. So now I just use the original suction cup on the window and mount it low in the bottom left corner of my windshield. Oh well, it was with a try.

I drive a 2009 Honda Fit and this pad stays in place in a nook in the dashboard between the radio and instrument lights (has to be placed on the dash at an angle, but I bought this for function, not form). I drive the Fit pretty hard, taking most entrance/exit ramps at twice the average speed, and this thing hasn't even hinted at a problem. To emphasize, I'm using the "nook" aspect of the dashboard to keep it from sliding. The textured surface of the Fit dash probably wouldn't be optimal for this thing sticking without help. The things I like about this: 1) works as advertised (GPS doesn't topple--even with my driving), 2) keeps the GPS out of my windscreen view, and 3) my GPS doesn't fall off the freezing cold windscreen anymore. - Gps Mount - Portable Vehicle Gps - Gps - Dashboard Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Portable Vehicle Gps - gps mount, portable vehicle gps dashboard mount Portable Vehicle Gps - gps mount, portable vehicle gps