Saturday 8 August 2009

Noise Canceling Headphones - around the ear, headphones


These are the first headphones that I have bought that have broken the $100 barrier. I have always had quality stereo equipment and speakers so quality sound reproduction if very important for me. These headphones are very balanced and I like balance. I don't like headphones that are too heavy on bass even though these produce very tight accurate bass when pushed. These earphones sound great with all kinds of music. I have played metal, jazz, classical, blues, classic rock and contemporary rock through them and they always sounded great. Jazz sounds particularly good. They're crystal clear and you'll notice things you've never heard come through on these. I should also say that they are very confortable and can be used for hours at a time. Like any other set of around ear headphones, they will eventually warm up your ears. This is to be expected though. Bose®AE2 audio headphones

I previously owned the Bose Triport (Around Ear) headphones for $150 and they lasted me a good five years with heavy use. I needed repairs on one of the ear cushions and Bose Customer Service on the phone offered me the AE2 to upgrade at a very significant discount for the trade-in. (I paid $65.00) I went ahead and bought these hoping the features would be just as good. (I loved my Triport headphones)



For the AE2:



-They are very comfortable and in fact, because of the swiveling earpieces which is a new feature on this model, I think they are much more comfortable than the already-comfortable previous over-ear version.



-These headphones are extremely lightweight. I sometimes forget that I have them on. I am very impressed.



-The cord on this version is only on one side (the left side) instead of leading out of each ear cup. This was a very nice feature and improvement that I appreciate.



-The sound quality is wonderful and was just what I expected out of these headphones.



As for durability, I can see these lasting me another five years with near every-day use, but some people in reviews of the previous model said they had issues. I guess it is subjective to how much care you give to the item, but overall, if you're not rough with them, hopefully they will do well for you as they have for me.



**While these are new on the market, if you have a previous style such as the Around-Ear / Triport like I had, try calling Bose customer service to get the discount on the trade-in upgrade instead of a repair like I did. I was amazed to get such a discount and knew it would be worth it from the start. I love these headphones!

Sound:

The sound on these headphones is excellent. The vocals are crisp, as well as the instrumental. I would recommend this if you enjoy rock, jazz, classical, reggae. The bass however is not a focal point of the sound, as they are very balanced headphones, so rap music/ dance hall isn't what these are intended for.



Comfort:

The headphones are lite and the ear covers fit easily over my ears. I have no complaints about the comfort, they move very flexibly.



Build Quality:

because they are so light it is hard to judge build quality of these headphones. But I feel very comfortable with them and they don't seem like they are going to break at all. They do a very good job of stopping noise, even without noise cancellation technology.



Overall I am very happy with this purchase. I wish the price was more like $125, but they are good

They are similar to the over-the-ear headphones that Bose previously produced. They are basically a newer, better version. As always, the sound quality is excellent, crisp, and the bass is more than sufficient. Comfort is one of the best features as always. They are lightweight, flexible, with the memory-foam like cushioning. Absolutely incredible. Would highly recommend. Bose never fails to impress.

My background: Let me start by saying I am not a professional sound engineer, but what I am is a person who owns several sets of over-the-ear headphones that I've accumulated over the years - seeking the best sound I can find without dropping tons of cash (which, for me, means I've been shopping in the $100 to $200 range).



Facts: If you're looking for response over frequency graphs for the AE2s, PCMag has them there[...]



Facts note: I am bewildered by the negative reviews and comments after listening to, and seeing the data. I don't understand the reviewers that say these headphones don't have high and low frequency response, because the data shows quite the opposite (actually the bass is slightly exaggerated - which might turn some people off).



Opinion summary: Compared to my Sony MD-6s and my Numarks (which I had handy), the AE2s are crisper and have stronger bass (this makes a lot of since when you see the plotted response over frequency graphs). Put simply, the AE2s are not as flat sounding as other headphones. These are much lighter weight, and very comfortable (which is ultimately the reason I bought them). Said, yet another way, I would describe the AE2s are "fun and light" - clearly made for today's digital devices and laptops.



Opinion - Pros:

- Crisp sound and excellent bass.

- Light weight.

- Comfortable ear-cups.



Opinion - Cons:

- The part of the headband that rests on the top of the head is a tad too thin in my opinion - it should be about .125" wider.

- The headband does squeeze a little harder than I would like (I only notice this after hours of continuous wear).



Thanks for reading.

First off, I would like to commend Bose for its spectacular one-year limited warranty. I received these new AE2's after my old Bose Around Ear's (version 1) headphone jack ripped and stopped producing sound in the right earpiece. The process was easy; I called customer and explained the situation, emailed the receipt and mailed back the old product. I received these one week later.



I will begin with the sound quality of the headphones because it is one of the main reasons why I gave these four stars. Some people complained about not enough bass, and I agree with them. The bass is hollower than what you would expect from $150 headphones. Cranking up the volume helps, but you can tell the bass lacks the "oomph" and will do injustice to certain songs. Despite this, overall, these headphones produce accurate sounds for basically all types of music at all volumes. Casual music listeners should not be disappointed by the sound quality, even though Bose traditionally falls behind Sennheiser in this department for similarly-priced headphones.



For me, the physical aspects of this version 2 around-ear headphones are major pluses after using the first iteration. The best change, though negligible to many people, is that the headphones do not squeeze your head as tightly anymore. I wear glasses, so this was a major gripe. The problem is still there just like for all around-ear headphones, but it is more tolerable. The new fold-flat design is great for stowing and extra flexibility. There is now only one wire attached to the left earpiece, and the wire is detachable and replaceable for a very low price. The headphone jack that ripped on my old pair is now reinforced. Everything feels more durable yet these headphones are very light.



The headphones are NOT marketed as noise-canceling, but they do block out significant amounts of outside noise. The headphones are narrower and do not stick out as much, which in my opinion looks much better because it does not look like you have cans jutting from the sides of your head. HOWEVER, if your ears stick out more than others', you should be aware that they may come into contact with the inside of the headphones and cause unwanted irritation.



To be honest, I would have hesitated to buy these if I had to fork out $150 for another pair of Bose headphones considering the competition in the market. Also, only the headphones, the wire, and a cloth pouch are included. My old Bose around-ears also came with an extension cable and an adapter for other audio equipment (which I never used but I would imagine others might want this).



I am certainly satisfied with these headphones because they are much better than the ones they replaced. From a consumer's perspective, these headphones are great for casual users looking for above average sounding headphones that are comfortable, sleek-looking, and durable. Price is an issue for basically everyone, so I encourage you to shop around and to try out these headphones before purchasing. Once again, Bose's one-year limited warranty is in a class of its own, and people who plan on carrying around and using these headphones frequently should certainly keep this in mind. - Around The Ear - Bose - Headphones - Earphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Noise Canceling Headphones - around the ear, headphones headphones Noise Canceling Headphones - around the ear, headphones