Thursday 16 July 2009

Dashboard Friction Mount - droid incredible, droid


I noted the unit reviewed very highly in the various smartphone forums, and the price was right. So, I gave the unit a try.



I'm happy; it holds the phone securely and keeps it visible. It allows either vertical or horizontal positioning, and the cord connection from the Droid X clears the mounting and holding ears perfectly.



The unit rattles LOUDLY when the phone is out of the holder....but to stop it all you have to do is close the holding tabs (as if the phone was in the unit). It quiets right down then.



Spring release quickly and safely releases the phone. Arkon SM412 Mini Friction Dashboard Mount with Travel Windshield Mount and Mega Grip Holder for iPhone, HTC EVO 4G, HD2, Incredible, DROID X, Galaxy S

Was looking for a robust unit that could hold my Droid Incredible both vertically and horizontally without interfering with the power connection and the speaker buttons. This unit works perfectly. Sits securely on my dash ... there is a little anchor hook to stick to the dash so that the unit doesn't become a missile in the event of a hard brake or collision. The phone sits comfortably and securely with no impedance to the buttons and ports. I turn on the Car Panel app and hey, we're ready to go driving! The friction dashboard mount can always be removed when the car is parked. Never liked the other means of securing a car mount - windshield or cup holder. This is the best option, in my opinion. The price from Amazon was the best, while the "free" shipping took no more than 3 days. Great buy that I would recommend to anyone - especially for their Droid Inc!!!

The universal design works well with my new Droid X. the ratched clamp holds the phone securely and has firm foam pads to grip but not scratch the phone. a bit bulky but it works as expected. Interesting side note - with the clamp on the Droid it fits snugly in the 350Z dash compartment. I can use the navigation and hands free speaker phone with surprisingly good results. Delivered on time, well packed. would buy from this seller again.

Pros: good price, firm grip on my droid x, high friction material on bottom surface of base stays in place on the dash.

Cons: retrofit design - window mount attached to base becomes detached periodically and adds unnecessary bulk. Annoying vibration - combination of design issues including inflexible flat bottom base which does not sit flat on a non-flat dash and a lack of a rigid connection (rubber suction cup) to base results in every little road imperfection translating into a very notable shaking of the display. Annoying rattle - components in the universal grip make an audible noise when the unit vibrates.

My only dislike about this product is that it won't fit on my dash. It's not a product flaw, my dash simply wasn't built to accommodate something like this. I was very happy that the holder has a strong suction and attaches to the windshield very strongly. I had trouble keeping it attached until I used the alcohol swab to treat the windshield and now it sticks like glue! I have had it for a month now and it hasn't budged.

I have the Motorola Droid X and it fits very snugly into the holder and allows just enough room for the charging port to be used. It rotates completely around for use at any angle and the release is very sturdy and solid. I am VERY happy with this item and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to pay the 'brand name' pricing that these companies get away with charging! This is an amazing deal!

I don't really know what to do with the base that doesn't fit on my dashboard, donate it to charity? Not sure....

I wasn't expecting much at this price point so when I received the unit I was very pleasantly surprised with the robust quality and excellent function of this unit. As others have stated it will hold the unit either vertically or horizontally and the ports are accessible on my Samsung Vibrant (aka Galaxy S).



The spring loaded clamps that actually hold onto the phone are padded with a nice, thick and very compliant foam padding to keep the phone securely in place. The "sandbag" base is surprisingly and pleasantly heavy to give the unit some stability on the dashboard.



Highly recommended.

Holds my iPhone, GPS, etc perfect. Doesn't feel cheap and feels like a quality product unlike some of the other "generic" holders I have bought before that have fallen apart shortly after. The friction on the beanbag is great... almost do not need the hook it comes with...but it is a nice touch for added safety. One click releases the unit. Tilets rates and adjusts very easy to any configuration. 5 stars!

i got this for my droid x and it works perfectly with it especially since the clamps don't get in the way of the charger, and the base is heavy so theres no sliding around while youre driving. I would recommend this to anyone who is needing some type of mount for your smart phone - Car Mount - Droid Car Mount - Droid - Droid Incredible'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dashboard Friction Mount - droid incredible, droid droid Dashboard Friction Mount - droid incredible, droid