Saturday 11 July 2009

Christmas Gift


This is my first review ever. This is also the first time I have ever ordered something from Amazon that was not what I expected.



The phone does work. It was also new, as stated. Works fine. This does not appear to be a US version though.



1.) The included manual has a table of contents going up to page 100+... The last page of the manual cuts off at page 80-something. It also says in the back to contact Motorola-Asia for assistance. Not a deal breaker, but this may indicate the level of detail of the seller.



2.) I say this does not appear to be a US version because I have two (2) used U.S. Razr v3's in my briefcase right now and this is just not quite the same. This seems it might be a U.K. version.



My 2 previously purchased US versions do NOT have the extra button above the wheel/pad. This seems to be the only visual distinction...which results in...



No such things as "missed calls" on this phone. It is classified as a Received Call, but either has a "check" or "no check" next to the entry seemingly indicative of it being a missed call or not.



Speed dial assignments (1 though 9) are 4 digit values (1001 through 1009).



Cannot lock Smart Key on phone exterior.



No light illuminated when charging.



"Center" is spelled "Centre"



Installed graphics are not even remotely the same.



Doesn't seem that time will auto-set.



Doesn't even use the same battery part # as my 2 other U.S.-purchased phones.



That is why I do not believe this to be a U.S. Version phone as stated.



I am not very happy about this. I am going to seek to get this resolved. This is why I purchased this from Amazon because I believe they will make this right.



End Motorola RAZR V3 Unlocked Phone with Camera, and Video Player--U.S. Version with Warranty (Black)

A replacement for my original Motorola Razr V3. I guess they don't make them like they used to. Not the same, quality-wise as my original, but it'll do. Paint chip off easily, sure wished I had opted for the silver one, not black.

I have never written a review before but I think this is important. These phones are NOT new! I purchased two of these phones for my sons. I tried to set up the internet and found that the phone was either used or refurbished and had the previous users information. Both also had parental control blocks on the internet and the previous users passwords were necessary to remove the block. I called my carrier and they told me there was nothing I could do and I should return the phone. I am extremely disappointed!

I bought this phone and when it arrived it was a cheap refurb that had problems from the moment I put the sim card in. The Customer service is bad, basically you have to use email to get a RMA Number and then they take their sweet time sending you a RMA form that makes you list all this stupid infomation then you have to send it back to them. I have not gotten a number yet, even after sending them emails to check on the status. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR.

I bought this phone around a year ago, and now it has become totally useless with the ear piece on the phone no longer functioning. In general, I found the phone to be of poor quality, with the buttons coming un-glued, and the screens getting glazed over.



The battery life is great, and so is its ability to move photos and files via blue tooth. I will however, not buy another.

As per my understanding better if they start the rate between 0-5, so that I can give then 0 instead of 1. Worst support from OEM Shop. I would like to advise everyone never purchase the things from Amazon.com. They are having lots of stupid vendors, those they are selling the things online and Amazon has no control on them. I am really frustrated.

I bought this phone after my second Z520a died and I got burned on an eBay auction for a third one. I'll get my money back on that one since there was tracking and PayPal involved with a failure to actually ship. (Ebay/Paypal refunded 6/2010)



Anyway, you have an idea of what phone I am used to and now I have this one.



I received it in two days, I used UPS Second Day service. I was getting pretty desperate since the eBay phone never came and I was in get something, anything mode.



As far as I can tell, the phone is new. It didn't smell like smoke or have bagged items that looked like they had been opened.



Sim slot seemed flimsy but is making a good connection. Powered up and worked. That is pretty darn important!



Branded Cingular on back, symbol for T-Mobile on wall paper.



Reception quality is less than my Sony Erricson Z520, bluetooth doesn't seem to let me get to photos on the phone, I can connect but not to files I know are on the phone. I ordered Motorola Phone Tools 4.0 last night, maybe the view will improve. I hope I can revise a review as I have more time with it. I *hope* this isn't one of those crippled locked down phones the blood suckers (cell companies) try to turn into a profit center on ringtones and picture up/down loading.



Ringer and speaker phone are not very loud. Memory is 5MB, the Sony had 16MB.



The longer I write the lower my opinion is getting. Oh, the battery doesn't seem to hold charge worth a darn. Like down to a bar after one day w/o talking on it more than a minute. I ordered another battery.



I have a USB car charger for my ancient Palm TE, it won't charge the phone. Runs my Garmin Colorado GPS and charges the Palm just fine. That is an irritation.



It does have multiple alarms. That is nice, I take a lot of meds and being prompted to take each one is a nice feature over my z520 with only one alarm.



Where could this phone actually rack up points over time?



Reliability. As much as I loved my z520, I went though two of them, well three if you count the time I took parts from the first one to fix the second one. Google white screen of death. Also, the magnet for the flip function tended to draw in metal dust right near where the output transistors for the RF section were located. Stupid. I work in a machining facility.



Staying connected. My last phone had a habit of just dropping me were signal strength was good.



It is a phone. It was 72.49 with free shipping if I had time to wait.



Wes Szumera



Edit 6/5/10



I purchased a copy of Motorola Phone Tools 4.0 and it would not connect to the phone.



The battery that came with it was a dud, the one I bought cheap from The OEM Shop actually seems to work. I only get a charge complete with it if I use a PC to charge it though. The other battery is still a dud, I tested it again using the PC as a charger.



I complained about the bad original battery and Amazon wanted me to ship everything back which I was against. The phone does work and I don't want to be quality assurance on another one. Eventually they contacted me and said they gave me a 15 dollar credit and buy another battery, don't send yours back.



When I tried to apply it the credit turned out to be 6.99 but I bought the replacement battery for just less than that so it is all good on that.



I finally got my ring tones on the phone but I had to use PKCommander v6 from [...] which always makes me nervous since it is hard to tell if the software you get for free is clean as in no bad packages attached.



Speaker volume sucks! My custom ring tones are not as loud as the Z520a and they buzz. The only good thing I have to say about this phone is that it does have multiple alarm clock settings. That is becoming its most redeeming feature.



Oh yes, flat black, avoid it if you expect the paint to stick on it. I'm not a slave to style so that doesn't bug me too much.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Christmas Gift Christmas Gift Christmas Gift