Monday 22 June 2009

Weight Loss Tools - omron, walking


This pedometer counts all the steps you take while walking at a moderate pace, during the course of one day. Pressing a button will display the number of steps you have walked so far on that day. Then at midnight it stores the total, and resets the count to zero, ready for the next day's walking. Pressing the button repeatedly will show how many steps you walked on each of the previous seven days. Setup is easy -- you only have to set the time of day. The instructions are confused on one point: when they say "The unit must be positioned horizontally . . ." they really mean vertically, the position it automatically assumes when clipped to your belt.



I see this item listed five times here, but this one is the only one that ships from and is sold by Amazon.com, and qualifies for Super Saver shipping. Omron HJ-150 Hip Pedometer

I've been walking for years and always on the lookout for a good pedometer. Most of them are either too complicated, too cheap or won't stay on my waist band. This one gets 5 stars from me in all areas, plus the numbers are large and easy to see. Though a bit more expensive, it's the perfect pedometer for people who just want to count steps!

My pedometer worked fine for two weeks, and then stopped. The clock works, I've reset it, but for two days it did not reliably register steps. Now it doesn't register at all.



Omron will "fix" it for me, but the cost of shipping it to them and the return (they make you pay for it) is the same as the cost of a new unit.



Reading the reviews it seems some people love their units, but that this failure isn't unique.

I can see the other 7 reviewers are delighted with their unit but my HJ-150 was purchased Sept 14th, stopped working October 12th. The battery is OK because the clock function works, and I can reset the whole unit, it just doesn't register any steps anymore.



For a $12.50 purchase, I'll drop them an email and see if they will replace the unit but I am not going to spend much time on the process. Hopefully Omrom will do the right thing and replace it.

I have tried numerous pedometers, both cheap and not cheap, and they all really seemed to stink. This one is very nice. I was only looking for a counter but this also keeps a week to look back on as well as the time. Nice features. Besides it actually working, the feature I like most is its shape. It is not awkward. It is also small and slim enough to turn the face in towards my body an clip to the inside of my pocket for extra safe keeping while still being comfortable. I don't even know it's there. Great buy!

I liked this step counter. It was accurate; it counts every step. I wore it every day. The only problem is that the clasp that attaches the step counter to one's waistband was tight, difficult to get on so that it would attach well and not fall off. One day at the post office when I bent over to pick something up, the step counter fell off; the back had separated from the rest of the step counter, and although I did not realize it then, the battery and tiny screws that attached the back to the rest of the step counter must have also fallen on the floor. I took the step counter to a watch repair service, and I was told that the step counter could not be repaired unless I brought them the tiny screws. At that point I gave up. I'd say this counter could be improved by putting some kind of leash on it. I would have been happy to pay more if I were sure it would not fall off.

I've purchased several pedometers to track my daily steps, and this one is by far the easiest to use. You just take is out of the box, set the current time and it's ready to go! I love the fact that it resets at midnight to zero so that you are ready for the next day, and also saves your data for the last 7 days so that you can track your progress. This one is a keeper and I've recommended it to all of my friends.

I love this pedometer, it has helped me walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day and it also counts when I am on the stationary recombant bike. If I have not walked at least 5000 steps a day this pushes me to take a walk around the block or walk to the printer etc.



Unfortunately even though I bought safety straps galore, I was walking one day and did not put it on. Unfortunately I droped it down a hill. I am going to check to see if it still works. So far not :(



My advice, buy the safety strap and use it. - Exercise - Omron - Step Counter - Walking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Weight Loss Tools - omron, walking step counter Weight Loss Tools - omron, walking