Monday 22 June 2009

Notebook Computer Bags - notebook computer bags, laptop sleeve


My husband and I were browsing the electronics section at Wal-Mart and there it was: The ACER ASPIRE TIMELINE (5810TZ model) for $600! Before buying my new baby a sleeve, I measured it. The 15.6"-sized screen model is approx 15"x10" -- I wasn't worried about depth b/c the lap top is less than a inch thick. Later that night, I went on the internet to look for accessories on AMAZON... what an ordeal! It took me a good hour to find a sleeve that had comprable measurements. A large majority of the products are standard dimensions -- when the dimensions were actually listed -- and there's not much to chose from for wide screens. So, I kept finding 15"x12", 15.5"x12", 15.4"x12", 14.5"x11.1"... Notice the second measurement is never near 10"? So, then I looked up sleeves for 16" wide screens and the HP ONYX was one of the products. The dimensions were not listed, but it looked about right and is advertized as being able to house up to 16" screens... So, I did a GOOGLE search to find its dimensions (14.9"x10.1"x1.7"). Bingo!



I was suprized at how fast it was delievered. I ordered it late at night on the 31st and it was at my door on the 2nd! So, COMPUTER BRAIN definitely provides speedy service! I was a little disappointed about the shipping fees, though. The sleeve only weighs 11.5 oz and it cost over $7.00 for it to go from KY to CA!



As far as how it fits... it's like a glove! It's as if it was made specially for my laptop! The only complaint I have is that it has a very strong rubbery odor (it's neoprene) for the first several days. Airing it out is definitely recommended! LOL



I would recommend this product to anyone with a 15-16" wide screen (measured diagonally). And remember: MEASURE YOUR LAP TOP BEFORE YOU BUY! (Otherwise, it'll either be too tight or too baggy!) HP 16 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Onyx

After long arduous searching for a case that actually fits the HP ENVY 15; this is it, salvation has finally been found! This sleeve fits it so well, that it is as if HP made this case specifically for the HP ENVY 15. Too bad they aren't to help either on my hunt for a proper sleeve or case.



This sleeve will fit the HP envy snug and safe with almost no unnecessary movement with or without the optional 9 cell extra long life battery slice.



Another plus is the extra compartment for the charger and accessories.



Quality is great in my opinion, I've used numerous cases too; it is comparable to the neoprene cases for apple macbookpro's by incase; but with a unbeatable and super reasonable price.

This is the first time I've bought one of these sleeves - I always used a bag or case before with more storage and padding. But, if all you want to do is protect the laptop from minor scrapes and scratches and keep off the dust, this does the trick. However, if you want to go through airports with it, you might want to consider something with more padding for greater protection. For what it is, it's well made with a good zipper and storage pouch on the front.

I recently purchase an HP Laptop and wanted to a sleeve to keep dust and dirt off the laptop. I was going to buy on sale from Staples for $20. I got is for less than half that from Amazon. I like the sleeve. It matches my laptop. It fits nicely and has an outer pouch where I keep the power cord.

Came package overly well, which was nice. It is made of a thick foam/fabric that seems like it would protect good against small bumps and scratches, decent against against a drop of a table or something, and it seems like it wouldn't do to well against water or a liquid, but I could be wrong (am I'm not going to test it). It has a nice sized pocket for a mouse, power cable, and maybe even a book or two. All the stitching is top notch and the edges are made of a seat-belt material for extra ruggedness. The zippers have large leather pulls which are easy to grab. Proudly displays HP on the front. One minus would be the material seems to grab dust and cat hair. It brushes right off, just semi-annoying. Overall, a good bag for widescreen laptops.

I chose this sleeve to replace the bulky interior case in my rolling laptop bag. It works very well for that purpose and offers the versatility to carry in a tote bag if so inclined. I like the zipper pocket for power cord and mouse. It does not offer any padding, however, so be aware of that before you purchase.

Don't let some of the reviews on here miss lead you. This is for a 16 inch laptop. My 15.6 inch laptop is a little loose, but not that bad.



I wish it was cheaper, but considering I bought a camera case for my girlfriend, made of the same material, and one tenth the size for $10, this isn't a bad deal.



Not the best padding on the corners or the edges



All and all, I'm not estatic over this purchase, but I'm not pissed off either. If I had to do it all over again I might try something else, but that could go either way. - Notebook Sleeve - Notebook Computer Bags - Laptop Sleeve - Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Notebook Computer Bags - notebook computer bags, laptop sleeve notebook sleeve Notebook Computer Bags - notebook computer bags, laptop sleeve