Sunday 7 June 2009

Pull Up Bar - pull up, abs


I dunno if it's just me but when i position my arm using this thing on the pull up bar as it is shown in the picture, blood circulation to the arm goes down so my arm feels numb. I couldnt stay on this thing for long enough to get a good workout. Ab Straps for the Iron Gym Total Body Workout Bar

It works like it is suppose to, but the quality of the stitching is poor. After using it only once, I began to see the threading on the edge begin to fray and come apart. Just make sure you get a good stitched one and you will be fine.

These straps are a waste of money... don't bother. While the Iron Gym itself is an excellent product I'm almost glad they didn't come with it originally to keep the price down. Before I thought it was fickle not to include them but they're only a good idea in theory; straps are velcro adjusted so its repetitious to attach them and be level with each other. You get a better workout just supporting yourself with your arms and I prefer to prop my legs and hang upside down to work my abs anyways. They're low quality but on par with the price; seem sturdy enough but I've just thrown them in the corner of the closet and never use them.

Firstly, it is kind of disappointing that the Iron Gym workout bar didn't initially come with these and that I had to make a separate purchase to get them, but that's in the past, and now I have the bar and the ab straps, so moving along... The Iron Gym workout bar is firstly a great workout tool in itself. The way it installs in seconds, and the varying grip positions make it great for chin ups, as well as push-ups when used on the floor. I can get the result of doing 25 normal pushups by just doing 15 deep ones. About the only thing it falls short on is doing dips, and of course the ab straps. I normally do crunches on a Pezzi Ball. I tried the Iron Gym ab straps and wasn't all that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it is a semi-decent ab workout and the price isn't bad even just to try, but I noticed before I got to the point my abs were feeling really worked, my arms were feeling numb and tingling just holding myself up. And this is the problem, limiting reps. After 25 slow leg lifts, I just gotta let go.

There's little to no padding on these straps. After trying to use them for a few weeks and having them constantly cut and bruise my arms, I gave up and bought a different pair (Harbinger ones). While the cost on them is cheap, I would just put the money towards a better product or not buy these at all.



While this wasn't a big deal for me, I did need to slightly disassemble my pull-up bar to attach these. Just wanted to point that out to folks that maybe weren't aware of that. The replacement pair I purchased have a G-lock so I can remove them when I want to use the bar for pull-ups.

Definitely a good purchase and your abs will thank you. It took me a while to figure how to use it, since I'm short and I need a chair to do the abs on the pull up bar. But I figured it out and I recommend it to anyone.

i bought the iron gym and its a very good product. the ab straps make the product complete. they're a good way to stretch and work your abs. its better than laying on the ground and not getting the full workout from bending your legs back. if you got the iron gym you should get the ab straps. dont know why they dont come with the pull up bar. obviously to get some more money, but its worth it.

When I first tried the ab straps with the iron gym I was a little nervous because they didn't seem all that sturdy. They held up well under my weight (~180 lbs.) however. They work pretty well once you are comfortable with putting your faith in the fact that they will hold you. They allow for good range of motion with various ab exercises without sliding around on the bar. They aren't the most comfortable ab straps in the world (the padding doesn't seem all that flexible to fit to the shape of your arm), but this may just be that I haven't had a chance to break them in thoroughly yet. I wouldn't recommend using these as your primary means for working your core, but overall, a good but not great product that serves its role in providing a supplementary set of ab exercises. - Abs - Pull Up - Iron Gym - Fitness'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pull Up Bar - pull up, abs fitness Pull Up Bar - pull up, abs