Sunday 7 June 2009

Infrared Camera - game camera, infrared camera


I replaced an older trail camera of another brand with the Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam. It is very simple to use.The menu is configured so that anyone can set up camera without having to refer to instruction book,after you read it once.There is some important info in it.

I have been using it to watch an automatic feeder a little over a month now.

It takes great pictures. I have it set on 5mp instead of 8mp. With the 32gb card I am using it says it will hold 999 pictures. So far it has taken just over 700 pictures and is still showing full battery life on the 8 batteries. Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam Bone Collector Trail Camera

I bought two of these about a year ago. Just returned them to Bushnell for the second time. First time was for "runaway trigger". They took thousands of pic in about 8 hours of nothing. They replaced both of them. This time the cameras won't go into setup mode or turn on but the motion sensor stays on. They never took good quality pics. Always dark or fuzzy & I just thought that's how it is. A friend bought a Primos 46 and the difference is remarkable for a less expensive cam. i'll wait to see what Bushnell tells me but I know that I'll never buy another one. Three weeks until bow season & now I don't have any trail cams. Extremely disappointed.

I own this camera as well as a couple of its various brothers that are on the market. It's a fairly decent camera as far as the quality of pictures goes, but it, and its relatives, have one glaring problem that as far as I can see, Bushnell is ignoring. And that is the fact that they have a propensity to take pictures of nothing! They start taking pictures and just keep taking them. If a weed moves, it snaps a picture. If it's windy, it just keeps taking them. You wind up with a thousand pictures of nothing. I filled a 2Gb memory card in 9 hours with nothing to show for it. Putting it in video mode is just as bad.



They claim the batteries will last a year, and that's probably true, if you can keep the thing from taking pictures of the wind! To their credit, Bushnell did replace one of them when I sent it back complaining of this problem, but the new one has the same issues. There are better cameras on the market for the money. Save yourself the frustration and buy one of those.

First, I have to say that in addition to the Bushnell I own a Primos and a Moultrie, and the overall 'fit and finish' and engineering on the Bushnell is far better than the Moultrie, and slightly better than the Primos. My main complaint with the Bushnell is that the shutter is incredibly loud. My Primos is silent, the Moultrie a quiet click, but the Bushnell is audible 20' - 30' away. For game cameras, background noise *might* mask it - or might not. For a security camera, it is definitely out.The night flash is also bright, enough so to distract animals, and definitely to alert intruders if used for a security camera. If neither of these items is a particular issue for you, I'd strongly recommend the Bushnell, even though it does carry a premium price.Overall, mine is going back. I will be looking for a full 'black-out' IR flash, but I think I'll try the Primos first, so far I've been happiest with it.

This is the third hunting season that I used this camaera. Never had an issue with battery life. Stands to reason that if it is in video mode that the SD card will probably fill in an active area before the batteries die(place in LOW sensor level) I've gotten some decent shots of wildlife and under perfect circumstances, amazing photos and video. I do notice that 5-8%(300 pictures minimum) of my SD card will have ghost pictures or video (nothing there). Movement shots are blurred when trying to determine antlers. So each time I check on my camera I'm both excited and a little disappointed.

Oh, something that happened this weekend that has never happened before and resulted in a huge clean up of the internal camera compartment. There is a small hole at the bottom of the camera that is used for an external battery device. Note to self, if you're not using TAPE IT SHUT! I had the camera out for about 3 1/2 weeks and a family of spiders used the interal compartment for breeding, nesting,slaughter house and these little guys produced some kind of "sticky by product" that gummed up everything. The USB hook-up appeared as those honey had been poured in. Nasty clean up.

Overall I would recommend the camera.Hope it helps.

Day time picture quality is awesome. However, the quality of night time pics is mediocre at best which is disappointing as most big buck movement is at night. There are cheaper cams on the market with enquivalent night time pic quality. Two of my buddies experienced worse quality...black pics. Both are taking their cams back. - Infrared Camera - Game Cameras - Game Camera - Trail Cam'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Infrared Camera - game camera, infrared camera game camera Infrared Camera - game camera, infrared camera