Sunday 7 June 2009

Iphone Car Mount - dash mount, ipod touch


This mount was not a sturdy as I expected it to be based on the desciription. It is a bit bigger then I would have liked but it does have a nice big sturdy suction cup with releasing handle. I thought the pivots were a little loose. This unit is adjustable but each adjustable joint has play in it so it does not give you a solid feel but more then adequate to support your iphone which is what I bought this item for.



Bottom Line - Not as sturdy as described and bit bulky for a iphone but based on the price I would recommend this item. I have not found anything better yet to hold my iphone in the car. Heavy-Duty Universal Car Mount Holder for Cellphone, MP3 Player, iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Droid, GPS Garmin, TomTom, Magellan

I've had this installed for couple of days now, and overall, I am disappointed. All of the adjustable joints have way, way too much leeway in them. When they "lock" in place, the joints are still able to move a good 1/4" up and down or side to side. As a result, my iPhone is bouncing all over the place on bumpy roads and wobbling constantly on smooth roads. Very annoying. The suction works fine, but the included dash mount was worthless, as the suction cup wouldn't stick to it for longer than 5 seconds. The suction works great on glass, though.



I bought this on sale so it really isn't worth it for me to return it, as I would lose too much in return shipping. I'm going to drill a couple small holes in the joins and insert some pegs to eliminate the looseness of the joints.

I bought this for a phone that doesn't have a custom car mount. The phone fits fine in the holder but it doesn't seem to stick to the window. I have cleaned the glass and also the suction cup. I have also removed the sticker on the suction cup.

I bought this to attach to my windshield to hold the iPhone during navigation. it doesn't work! so while the product sucks, it really doesn't suck enough to hold to the windshield. do your self a favor, buy a better brand, this one simplify doesn't work

First off, this thing feels cheap. The way it locks the phone onto the device leaves the phone a little loose. Secondly, the adjustments to verticle and horizontal positioning are too coarse making it very difficult to get the phone to face the exact angle desired. Finally the suction cup will not stick. After just a few minutes of driving, the suction cup lost suction and my iPhone crashed to the floor. There must be better mounts than this device.

This thing would not stick to any window in my car... I cleaned all windows and the suction cup many times and could never get it to stick for longer then a minute or two. I decided to keep it i just had to modify some things. Super glued the suctioncup to the base it came with then velcrowed the base to my dash. Also glued the joints once i found a position i like because there was a ton of play in the joints so my phone would bounce all over the place every bump.





I would highly recommend spending the extra $20 and getting a good quality one. This mount can work fine just not right out of the box. You will need to modify it.

This mount has worked great with my iPhone 4. Suction mount works great on my windshield. Arm rotates and spins many different ways. Sides slide out at push of a button. Holds phone securely. I think I'm going to buy a second one to have as a spare. - Dash Mount - Iphone Car Mount - Ipod Touch - Iphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Iphone Car Mount - dash mount, ipod touch iphone car mount Iphone Car Mount - dash mount, ipod touch