Saturday 16 May 2009

Twin Labs Multi-vit - supplements, twinlab


I've been taking a multi-vitamin daily for about 17 years now, and I'm always looking for a better value. So far, I have been unable to find a multi that has higher potency for less price. Be careful when shopping vitamins- usually they will try to trick you and list the amounts of ingredients, but when you look carefully at the label it will say (serving size: 3 capsules) or something like that. So that means to get what they are saying you need to take that many, instead of 1 pill. This product has high levels of most ingredients in **1** pill, making it an excellent value. The only caveat is that its a bit skimpy on the B vitamins-- I take an additional B vitamin to compensate. But still: Overall, unbeatable Twinlab Daily One Caps Multi-Vitamin and Multi-Minerals without Iron, 180 Capsules

These vitamins/minerals are pricier than ones found in the grocery store but are of much higher quality. If you look at the forms the substances are in, they are more bio-available than those cheaper vitamins and mineral supplements.



On a personal note, this is the only multi-vitamin that actually made me feel more vigorous. I'm not sure which ingredient did that, but I'd still highly recommend them either way.

My husband and I have been using this vitamin for years. We both seem to be so much more healthy. Neither one of us has had a cold in years. We're not great healthy eaters, so I attribute it to the vitamins. Before we started these vitamins, my husband wouldn't take any. After he tried for awhile and then stopped for awhile, he noticed the difference. Now he faithfully takes them. After a few days of missing them, we feel the difference. I started ordering from Amazon because it was a lot cheaper than my health food store. The only recommendation is more cushioning so the bottle(s) don't move around in the box.

It's hard for me to really give an accurate rating on this item - as I seem to be a more isolated incident - but I did want to share my experience. I purchased these vitamins after a good history with TwinLab Supplements. I have been very involved in the gym for years, and have tried many of their products in positive experiences. Traditionally, I take my multi-vitamin in the morning with any other vitamins or supplements. The current combination consists of: fish oil, vitamin b complex, acai caps (added recently, after problems with TwinLab vitamins), and milk thistle. I should also mention that I have never had problems with nausea in my life; not with foods, seasickness, windy road drive, nothing. As soon as I introduced these vitamins into my morning routine, I would experience intense nausea for a period of about 5 minutes, about 15 minutes after ingestion. I discarded this at first, thinking it was an aberration. After a week of consistent nausea, I split up my mixture to isolate the cause, and it came down to these vitamins. I tried to take later in the day, with or without food, and there was no change. I stubbornly continued taking them, thinking the reaction would disappear, and ended up vomiting. I have little doubt that these are good vitamins in terms of content, but hope that my experiences can help others - whether in relating, or in the decision stage.

The majority of reviews starts with PROS so I shall start with CONS.



CONS:

Instead of taking multiple numbers, ONE A DAY is a convenient way. But there is a trade-off: the size of one capsule is considerably BIGGER. If you are an elderly person with a weak throat muscle, have a throat issue, or not accustomed to swallowing a large-sized capsule, this could be a problem due to its "larger-than-normal" size. Just be aware of this before purchasing. However most of the people will get used to it in the long run.



PROS: My nails grow faster and stronger. My already thick hair has no overall change and the rate of growth is unchanged.



Timing to Intake: I would recommend to take it just before having a meal so that the moisture that follows can help it being dissolved faster for the best results.

I've always liked TwinLab products, and this one is no exception. I got it for my mother, who has nutritional deficiencies due to a very sensitive stomach. She has had stomach upset from other supplements in the past, but she's been taking this one with no problems.



It's nice that you only have to take one of these per day, instead of three (or even six!) that you have to, with some other multi-vitamins. They're in capsule form, too, which makes them much easier to digest.



All in all, a wonderful product that I'll be ordering again!

I bought this product because it was highly recommended by a friend; apparently, Twinlab sources better materials than your average 1-a-day. I also liked that the container is glass rather than plastic. I reuse glass containers so it was an added bonus.



Very good deal with the subscribe and save option.

I got these when I first started working out several years ago and I've been using these since. They have no taste at all, since the outer layer is some sort of clear gel. I've never really swallowed pills until I first bought these, and it seemed easy enough for me. It's got a great mix of vitamins to keep you healthy.

I did not notice anything different about this multivitamin. I read the reviews and anticipated noticing a difference. They are expensive so I will will probably go back to my drug-store brand. They equally had the same effect. - Multivitamins - Supplements - Twinlab - Vitamins'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Twin Labs Multi-vit - supplements, twinlab vitamins Twin Labs Multi-vit - supplements, twinlab