Saturday 16 May 2009

Remote Control Batteries - remote control batteries, energizer a23


Not much to say about this battery yet, except that it restored my ADT Security key fobs to life. If your device uses any of the following batteries, this is what you are looking for;



Duracell: MN21

VARTA: V23GA

EVEREADY: A23

NEDA: 1811A

IEC: 3LR50

Panasonic: LR-V08

ELPA: SES-23A

MS21

VR22

EL12

GP 23AE

GP-23A

8LR23

ANSI-1181A

8F10R

8LR23

8LR932

23A

23GA

1181A

A23BP

CA20

E23A

GP12A

GP23A

GP23AE

GP-23A

K23A

L1028

LR23

LR23A

LRV08

LRV08PA

LRVO8

MN21

MN21/23

MN23

MS21

RVO8

V23

V23GA

VA32GA

VR22



I can't comment on the battery life yet, but will when my ADT Security key fobs die again. The Duracells lasted 6 months before having limited range, and then another 2 months before croaking altogether. The thing that suprised me was that they both died at the same time, in spite of one getting used much more than the other.



Wish there was a longer life equivalent, such as a lithium, but I have been unable to find one.



Edit;

Just hit 10 months and the key fobs are still going strong. Looks like battery life is much better than the Duracell!



For those who have thanked me in comments, You're very welcome!!! Energizer A23 Battery, 12 Volt - 2 Pack

I originally went looking at local stores for the A23 Lithium batteries and found them much more expensive. I found these cheapest at Amazon & they work great for my garage door openers. I just wish there was a rechargeable version & recharger.

I bought these batteries for the button cells inside. Those normally sell for $3-5 a piece. And inside each of these 12Vs are 8 button cell batteries (watch batteries).



So do the math.

Average button cell price: $4.00

Number of button cells inside: 16 (total)

Total savings: $64.00 - $3.15 = $60.85



Good product. Thanks

My garage remote opener battery died about a week ago, so I decided to go to the local megastore to get a new one. I didn't bother checking the details of my battery's characteristics, assuming that a "short skinny battery" would be all I needed to remember. I found a couple of batteries that more or less looked like my garage door's battery so I bought them, only to discover that they were the wrong kind. I went back to the store, this time bringing my battery with me, only to discover that they did not carry this particular kind. That's when I decided to look for it on Amazon. I found the exact battery that I used thus far - Duracell A21/23, but then I also came across these Energizer A23s. They were somewhat cheaper, but I was not sure if A23 is exactly the same as A21/23. The batteries were pretty cheap though, so I decided to give it a try. I am happy to report that they fit into my remote opener perfectly and they worked without a hitch from the get go. I am so glad that I don't have to call home from my cell phone while driving any more, asking my wife to open the garage door for me!



I liked the fact that there were no shipping charges for these batteries. They seem to last for at least four to five years with my level of usage, but I decided to get an extra pair just in case. In case that they run out of power uncharacteristically early, I will write an update to this review.

I bought this on this site as they used to be hard to find in stores. After waiting ages for them to arrive i found them in the local supermarket for $2.99, so they are now vastly overpriced here. And have gone down here $2 since i ordered them earlier this month. Annoying! - Energizer - Remote Control Batteries - Energizer A23'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Remote Control Batteries - remote control batteries, energizer a23 energizer Remote Control Batteries - remote control batteries, energizer a23