Saturday 16 May 2009

Restaurants - restaurants, gift card


I purchased this card as a birthday gift. The recipient tried to use the card in a Subway store, but was told it had to be activated first -- quite embarrassing for him and for me. But neither he nor I had received an activation code. In fact, he said the card arrived with a message that it was "ACTIVE" in bold lettering.



After contacting GiftCardMall and speaking with someone who had limited English comprehension, he was told he would have to get the activation code from me. I called them myself to explain I had never received an activation code. This rep also barely spoke English, and after I had explained the problem in detail, he actually asked me to give him the activation code. (?!) Um...that's the point here. He finally promised someone would contact me within 1 business day. When that didn't happen, I called again, and was told same thing. No one ever called.



I tried e-mailing instead, and received a notice that someone would reply within 1-2 business days. Four days later, I still hadn't heard from anyone. Despite 4 phone calls and 2 e-mails to GiftCardMall, they never resolved the issue, or even bothered to call me back to tell me they couldn't resolve it.



After a week of waiting and no response whatsoever, I finally insisted on speaking with a supervisor, who issued the first apology I had received for the problem but asked me to be "patient". Yeah, right. All this trouble and waiting for such a simple, basic problem. I insisted on a refund if they couldn't resolve the problem that day -- not the same old "1 to 2 business days" later routine...again. Several hours later I received a refund notice. Finally, at last, a response.



GiftCardMall clearly has some serious problems in the customer service department -- not the least of which are language barriers. Their reps could sorely use some intensive customer service training and lessons on follow-through. SUBWAY Gift Card

Two years ago we bought $100 worth of Subway gift cards as Christmas presents. Whenever someone tried to use the card, they were told that it was empty. Subway has refused to deal with the problem - they keep promising to investigate. We have never had this problem with gift cards before or since. Just take the frustration out of Christmas gift cards and avoid Subway.

Agree with the other person who said PRAY that nothing is wrong with your card. I purchased 2 Subway gift cards $20/ea at a local Walmart store. One of them worked, the other one came back at the register as "not activated" In addition, I was never able to register the card at the Subway website when other cards there were registered NO Problem. I called Subway, they referred me to Incomm who activates or is in charge of activation. I left voicemail after voicemail detailing my receipt info from Walmart, the card no in question as well as the other card that was fine, the date of purchase, everything I have, yet I can't get Subway or this Incomm to re-activate the card or replace it. It's ridiculous, it has been well over a month and they refuse to do anything. NO ONE ELSE has touched this card besides myself and the store manager. When I tried to purchase items with it, the register came back as "not activated" so the store manager refused to honor the funds on it and their system to swipe and use the cards is horribly defective and ties up the line in the store to use. The first card I used I had to wait well over 10 min while their computer had to be "rebooted/restarted" in order to get the transaction to go through. If you care in these hard times about not losing money, do NOT buy these!

No gift cards from GiftCardMall seem to work and will require you to call them to activate or whatever to get it working. This company is highly unreliable, but if you don't mind having to call to get everything working, then this company is for you.

I bought this gift card prior to reading reviews. After I read the reviews, I got scared and did not give it to my friend, but instead used it for myself (got her a different gift). The guy scanned it and it said denied. My heart almost dropped, but then he rescanned it and it worked. From there I went to about 3 different Subways as they are everywhere and they all worked great. Buying another one now.

Their web site for the cards is set up kinda weird to begin with but today there wasn't even an icon to reload the card. I could do all sorts of transactions if I wanted to except give them my money. Odd way of doing business. So I can't use the card. What's the point of having one now?

Since this card has no mechanical moving parts or sensitive electronic components, and it is made of high composite plastic, it is very durable. I dropped my card down an entire flight of steps, and it didn't even have a scratch! I also accidentally ran over another Subway card with my car. I was a little concerned when I took it to my local Subway, but it worked perfectly! This is an amazing product. My only complaint is that it only comes in $25 denominations. - Restaurants - Gift Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Restaurants - restaurants, gift card restaurants Restaurants - restaurants, gift card