Saturday 23 May 2009

Photography - lens cap strap, lens accessory


I ordered a pair of 52mm caps mostly for the Cap Keeper feature, as I'm always losing my lens cap when I go hiking, which is frequent.



The cap looks good and fits very well and snug, though the appearance is slightly different than what is shown in the pictures.



First of all, the center piece is now more of a horizontal bar similar to the Nikon OEM caps instead of the circle shown in the picture. I actually prefer the updated look to what is shown in the pictures here.



The second difference is more important, and that has to do with how the cap keeper attaches. Instead of there being protruding tab as shown in the pictures, the cord is now threaded through an inset in the side of the cap itself. This would, it seems, make it less susceptible to breaking off (I have no idea if this was an issue before). On the down-side, since the cord does not come pre-attached, it's a little tricky to thread the first time. The opening is very small and I had to use a small paperclip to grab the cord as I threaded it through. That's a one-time thing though, and you'll never have to repeat it, and it wasn't really that hard, I just thought I'd note it.



Overall though, the price is right, and it works just as you'd hope and expect. Fotodiox Inner pinch Lens Cap, Lens Cover with Cap Keeper, 52mm

This lens cap is better quality than the original Canon that came with our SX20IS. It fits snug, solid construction, and the pinch grip is easier to use. It comes with a lens cap strap, so no more lost lens caps! (hopefully)



Beware if you are shopping for a lens cap for the Canon SX20IS. I noticed that some are advertised as fitting this model camera, but actually only fit it if you have a UV lens or converter which makes it wider (58MM) - the Canon lens without any additional filters is 52 mm.



This lense cap will fit any 52mm lens, any model.



Highly recommend it.

These inner pinch lens caps are fabulous! If you shoot using lens hoods, filters or other ancillary tools these will come in extremely handy. They are secure, well made and very easy on the fingers. Being one who has arthritis in my hands, they have certainly made life easier for me.

My first purchase from fotodiox, and I'm very pleased. Cap fits snuggly on lens. I'd seen some reviews that complained about the cap keeper being difficult to install or that they had to thread it themselves, but was pleased when I saw that the cap keeper came already assembled. To tighten the loop, I had to pull on just one of the strings rather than both. Great quality at such a better price than what the others charge. Will use again.

Can't beat the price on this. Especially when you comapre it to the $24 Canon wants to replace a lens cap. Plus this is now attached so I won't lose it again. 4 stars because it's a challenge to get the lanyard threaded through the tiny hole. - Lens Cap - Lens Cap Strap - Lens Accessory - Canon Lens'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Photography - lens cap strap, lens accessory lens cap Photography - lens cap strap, lens accessory