Saturday 23 May 2009

Liquid Ink Highlighters - liquid ink highlighters


The first time I bought liquid highlighters I was in college and was afraid to spend my money on them, but took a chance. I LOVED them! They were uni-Blazers by EF and, unfortunately, they aren't made any more (not that I can find anyway). I bought them in 1994 and still use them now in 2010! The ink never dried out. Admittedly, I didn't use them consistently all those years, but I did use them quite a bit when I did. The point is--just because it's a liquid highlighter doesn't mean it has to dry out or run out quickly! ... unlike these Sharpie Accents. I bought this pack because I really liked the other liquid ones and thought these looked nice. Unfortunately, I've been using the yellow one for only two weeks and the ink is half gone!! I thought perhaps the other reviewers were leaving the caps off while they read, but no, I faithfully put the cap back on immediately each time.



The other thing I really, really dislike about these is that when I use an index card to keep my underlining straight and then move the index card down a line it smears the ink! No other highlighters I've ever used have done this. This doesn't dry as fast as others do. It seems these put too much ink on the page, even thought they don't bleed through much--they do a little. I tried the other colors and they all behaved the same way.



Also, the cap is really hard to get on and off. There is a little plastic area in the cap that uses a spring to create a seal on the top of the marker. I'm guessing it's to keep it from drying out. But it makes it hard to get on and off, which makes it quite annoying to put the cap back on every time you use it.



These highlighters are very bright. You probably won't overlook a highlighted portion of text on a page. Sometimes, I feel it is too bright, but that's just a personal preference. If you like a very bright marker and don't mind it running out really quickly, these might be ok for you. They do look nice and don't feel too bad in the hand--I'm pretty picky that way.



So, I'm going to try another brand and give these to my daughter to play with till they finish running out. Sharpie Accent Liquid Pen-Style Highlighters, 5 Colored Highlighters(24575PP)

I love these! I don't know if they last longer or shorter than regular highlighters and don't care. I'm just happy they don't bleed through to the other side of the page. Very bright and easy to control how much space you want the highlighter to cover.

If you are paying sticker for these, they are an expensive set of highlighters. That said, they're also some of the best highlighters you can buy.



The amount of fluid in the pen is substantially less than it could potentially hold. I'd imagine ink is cheap, so the only reason for this is to reduce the lifespan of the product forcing you to buy more.



On the plus side, the pen highlights well, and consistently. The visible fluid reservoir allows you to see how much (or little) life the pen has left.



I'd purchase again, especially if on sale.

There's not too much else to say. I bought these on sale, and probably wouldn't pay full price for them. In my opinion, they were okay for less than a buck but I'd stick with non-liquid ones if I were repurchasing. These ones can definitely bleed a bit, and I felt that the blue was really too dark to even highlight things with.

These are the ONLY highlighters that I use. Sharpie has always been a quality brand and these highlighters are just a testimony of that. Each of the colors work well for me without being TOO bright or too heavy. I especially enjoy the clear tube because you can watch the ink level and it is easy to see which color you need. However, I do wish that the liquid ink was a bit more controlled and consistent. At times, even at the same level of pressure, the ink will flow a bit heavy. This does not happen often, in fact, it is pretty rare but, it still happens. With that being said, these highlighters, as usual, are a great buy.

These highlighters are on the more high end side I guess. I'd prefer to use the normal sharpie highlighters (I've always used those) but I saw these on sale for 75 cents and thought, "Why not?" My only issues with is that there's too much ink used sometimes - they take longer to dry than normal highlighters and some colors are too dark to use (like the blue).

I use a lot of highlighters, I even have different uses for different colors and shades. About 3 years ago I came across these highlighters in a retail store and didn't purchase them as they were more then I typically pay for highlighters and my normal highlighters worked fine. One week I decided to "splurge" and spend the extra 60 cents (or however much it was). I have found these to be far better then any other type of highlighter that I have tried. These work much better in every way. The lids do fit on tight, but A) I like that of any pen/marker and B) if they didn't and the cap came off in your pocket, you would probably need to replace that piece of clothing.

For the price I spent on the highlighter, I don't feel too horrible about purchasing. But it would definitely not be worth retail price.



Pros:

- Depending on what you prefer, might consider this a con. The cap capped on very tightly. Need to use a bit of strength to open and close the cap. I liked this because it prevents leakage. And you know for sure that you capped your highlighter.

- Didn't smudge.

- The chisel tip wasn't too large that it covered two lines of text when I only needed to highlight one line.



Cons:

- Runs out very quickly. I used one highlighter pen for two weeks of light-moderate highlighting, and it's gone already.

- The color that you see in the photograph of the highlighting liquid is all you get. The previous poster was accurate in the description. You literally get only an inch of highlighting liquid. The ink does not extend into the black label. (Reason for the highlighter running out so quickly) - Liquid Ink Highlighters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Liquid Ink Highlighters - liquid ink highlighters liquid ink highlighters Liquid Ink Highlighters - liquid ink highlighters