Saturday 23 May 2009

Nutrition For Kids - child health, healthy eating


For months I'd been trying to educate my 8-year old daughter about the foods she eats and to explain why some foods are healthier than others. She was more annoyed by my restrictions than interested in my rationale. I decided to go online to search for a book that might make the subject more fun and relevent. After an exhaustive search for something age-appropriate, I came upon this book and bought it.



Well, she absolutely loves it. The layout and progression of the content is perfect for her age group and the colors and graphics hold her interest. She told me she "loves" the book and is eager to read more of it each night. And she's retaining the information. I found her reading the nutrition label of a cereal box this morning and tonight, without a word from me, she decided to have only one cookie instead of two.



I recommend this book for all parents who are hoping to communicate the value of good eating to their children. Although the reading level is listed as age 4-8, I think this book is most appropriate for 2nd through 5th graders. The Monster Health Book: A Guide to Eating Healthy, Being Active & Feeling Great for Monsters & Kids!

We have been talking a lot lately with my 7 year old daughter about eating healthy. She is a book worm and loves to read, so I wanted a book on this topic for her. I found this one and based on the 2 other reviews figured I'd give it a try.



The book is large (maybe 8-9" square) paperback picture book style with lots of color and illustrations. It packs a lot of information in on a wide variety of topics, from the food groups, to exercise, nutritional labels, even drugs and smoking. It contains a lot of fun facts my daughter has really enjoyed 'Mom, is a watermelon REALLY a berry!?'. This book would be suitable for reading to a Kindergartener, as well as older kids up to age 8 or 9, who can read it on their own.



My daughter has just devoured this book - I've found her reading it for hours over the past few days since we received it. A big hit, I'm so glad I got it! Now instead of my feeling like I'm lecturing them on health, she loves to tell us things!



Highly Recommended!

I got this book to make my step-kids conscious of the foods that they eat and how the body works. It gives very basic but helpful information in a fun format that is easy for them to understand. The kids seem to have taken it to heart! Knowing the facts behind food helps them understand why they can't have junk food or fatty foods all the time. Education starts early to prevent obese children and this book helps make them aware! I love it! - Kids Health - Child Health - Nutrition For Kids - Healthy Eating'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Nutrition For Kids - child health, healthy eating healthy eating Nutrition For Kids - child health, healthy eating