Tuesday 26 May 2009

Camping Grills - portable gas grill, cuisinart


My husband loves to grill in the summer, but we're always waiting for the charcoal to heat up, so I got him this small portable gas grill as a surprise. We could not be happier with it's performance! Easy set up right out of the box, quick heating to high temps, and easy clean up, we've already grilled on it a bunch since we got it because it's so convenient to use. It's a perfect size for just the two of us, but we've been able to grill plenty on it- steaks to perfection, sausage patties in a snap and even shrimp kabobs- enough food for us to have left-overs. I love the fact that it can be taken anywhere, and we're planning to bring it camping once the weather gets warmer. Light to carry and easy to clean, we've totally been converted from charcoal grilling with this little grill! My husband says it's so easy to grill on it he wants to cook outside all the time with it, and I don't mind that one bit. I think we'll even take it with us to the beach when we visit his brother- heck I love that we can take it with us anywhere. Very glad I made the decision to get this portable grill! Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill

I purchased my Petite Gourmet Portable Cuisinart grill in January. I am an avid barbenator and I needed something inexpensive (and what I had intended to be short term) after my larger gas grill fell apart. I liked the size and portability of the Cuisinart. I was thrilled once I put the thing to use. I find it cooks whatever I throw on there evenly and has that barbeque flavor. It heats up so quickly, that I have to have my sides prepared prior to even starting the unit. When I am at home, I have it hooked up to one of the larger propane cylinders from my old barbeque. But where this thing shines, is how small and compact it can become. I fold the legs in and take it wherever I want. I take along a couple of camping sized propane cylinders in the truck and barbeque where ever I want. I have made lunch for the guys at work, fed the family skiing, and had a couple of awesome tailgate parties thanks to my new grill. I am so happy with it's performance that I don't think I will even buy a new full size barbeque. I don't think it's performance would ever measure up to this little guy.Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill with VersaStand

I am an avid camper and a condo dweller, so I don't have a lot of room to store things and have limited patio space. This portable grill is perfect with its easy storage size and flexibility to be great for car camping or patio grilling.



Set-up = simple. I'm an engineer, so I read all directions, and it still only took me about 8 minutes.



I went with the Cuisinart because the other grills of this size felt cheap. This one feels solid. The grill grate is thick and durable. The legs click into place, and the temp control knob doesn't feel like it's about to fall off. The gas tank is also placed well, such that you aren't afraid of it falling off akwardly and breaking off the gas valve.



The trial run consisted with wings - grilled on a 15 degree (f) day. The grill came through with BTUs to spare. The next run, on a more mild but still cool day, was Italian sausages and asparagus. Delicious (and nutritious)! The grill, despite its diminutive size had more than enough power to handle both the meat and the veggies. It allowed even cooking of the veggies when placed on the edges and showed great grill marks on the sausages.



When finished, clean up was easy (a quick wipe down of the grill grate), let it cool, folded it up, and tucked it into the corner.



Another great product from Cuisinart. I highly recommend for any bbq/grilling enthusiast with limited storage and a discerning taste!

This is a great grill. Easy to move from garage to porch, or car to tailgate. Unlike most portable charcoal grills, or gas stoves, the Cuisineart Tabletop Grill gives that real grill flavor with no hassle and minimal cleanup. I've done ribs, chicken and burgers. There's space to feed about four adults and two kids. The grill burns evenly throughout, though the edges of the grill provide a nice spot for slower cooking if you're looking for a more intense flame over the center.



The set up out of the box was simple, just the removal of a few cardboard pieces and screwing on the propane canister.



Further, its easy to carry from my garage on to the deck because the handle evenly distributes the grill's weight, no knocking against your thigh, its like carry a gym or book bag.



The first time I used it I was surprised at how easily it sparked up, quickly lighting and warming up in just a few minutes. While the ease of set up, portability, and use were all impressive, handily exceeding my expectations, the clean up was the most impressive aspect. I managed to burn a chicken leg/thigh which left charred skin on the grill, which I then left overnight. I anticipated serious scraping and soaking and soaking and scraping. Instead, it took about sixty seconds to remove the charred leftovers, with warm soap and water substituting for elbow grease.



All and all this is a great grill, especially for campers, tailgaters or those looking for a quick and easy set up to shut down grilling experience. Highly recommended and two thumbs up to Cuisineart for a great design.

We purchased the Cuisinart Tabletop Grill for Father's Day and were very excited by all of the raving reviews of how easy and convenient this device is for small grilling endeavors. What a perfect gift!



Well, not really. The stand advertised with the grill did not fit the grill itself, and so we quickly decided that we would need to figure out a different way to set up the grill and that we would just return the stand. We decided to just try to use the grill anyway, and after performing all of the appropriate steps, the grill wouldn't light. Despite a full propane tank, no gas would come through the machine. After calling the 1-800 number for Cuisinart, we were told that they would send us a replacement regulator (a piece that we would then have to deconstruct the grill and reinstall ourselves, thereby having to operate on a brand new product). The point of this grill is that it is easy, quick, convenient and ready to use. The fact that neither of these products worked as we had planned and that the customer service at CuisinArt were so quick to call it an equipment error tells us that they have more trouble than just our one faulty machine.



I would not recommend this product if you are planning on actually using it because, frankly, it didn't work. - Cuisinart - Tailgating - Propane Grill - Portable Gas Grill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Camping Grills - portable gas grill, cuisinart tailgating Camping Grills - portable gas grill, cuisinart