Monday 20 April 2009

Plumbing - plumbing, wrenches


I work in apartment maintenance. After struggling, many times, to remove the damn nuts that hold the sinks in place I decided to try this toy out. I figured with all the modern technology and computer design these days, maybe Ridgid had come up with a miracle tool for installing/uninstalling sinks. Sadly, this is not the case. The most prominent issue so far is the length of the tool. If the sinks water lines aren't perfectly straight or if there is something in the way of the tool such as a garbage disposal, then forget about it, totally useless tool. If you're lucky enough to have perfectly straight water lines and a lot of open space under the sink, then the next issue is not stripping the tabs off the plastic nuts. I tried many times to slip this tool onto those plastic nuts and even if I got it on, either the nuts tabs would bend/strip or break off completely or the tool itself will bend and slip off. You see, since there is an open slot,to allow it to slip over the water lines, it also bends if you apply even a small amount of force. Using it to turn off the water supply shut off valves is more cumbersome than just using channel locks. Normally, I'm a big fan of Ridgid tools but this one falls short in so many areas, it's just not worth it IMO. Ridgid 66807 Faucet and Sink Installer Model 2006

This tool is phenomenal. I ordered it because i was having an issue getting to the bathroom faucet itself with my regular basin wrench. Removing the plastic nuts were also a task. This was my first time ever even taking on any kind of plumbing home improvement short of cleaning out an aerator. I read some of the other reviews and I decided to purchase even though some were not favorable..i am so glad i did.. The tool gave me the extra torque i needed to remove the nuts and it is a quality product...Didn't strip or break I was able to finish in about 20 minutes. Now I think I am gonna tackle the kitchen faucet upgrade.. - Wrenches - Plumbing'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Plumbing - plumbing, wrenches plumbing Plumbing - plumbing, wrenches