Monday 20 April 2009

Fast Gun


I bought this nailer a couple of weeks after hurricane Katrina in preparation for the work ahead rebuilding some of my house. I've driven about 4000 nails and it has worked flawlessly. I've framed walls, hung sheathing, nailed decks and rafters. It has set every nail from 2" to 3 1/4" with no problems. I've also nailed some ceiling joist when the wood was too old/hard to nail by hand ... no problems. I have not tried 3 1/2" nails yet but from the performance I've experienced so far, I don't expect those to be a problem. The nailer has double fired on a couple of occasions but I was in tight situations where my arm movement was restricted and I'm sure that was the cause. I've read some really good reviews about Hitachi nailers but if I had it to do over I would buy the Senco FP602 again. I highly recommend this gun. Senco FramePro 602 Full Round Head Sequential Nailer

I bought one of these nail guns about three years ago and now I am shopping for a replacement. Although I have used Senco nail guns for more than 20 years, my new nail gun will not be a Senco. The owner's manual is generic, covering a wide range of Senco models but not this particular model. When it jammed (and it does jam), I had to phone Senco to find out how to free the jam. Although the older Senco nail guns had an easy system for freeing a jam, this one does not. You have to take the lower part of the gun apart. I cannot get the depth adjustment to work consistently. Sometimes it sets a 16 penny nail correctly and sometimes it does not.

I'm using this nailer for a couple of years now. Very powerful and easy to use nailer. However, there are some disappointment. First the nail magazine is too weak(thin aluminum) and it gets bent so easy the nail strips won't go in. You have to gently hammer it to straighten it out to fix that problem. Also the dry fire protection activates too early. There are some nails still left and it won't work until you load another strip. Other than that, it has good balance, agressive tow nailing tip, lots of power to sink nails without stopping. I will still use it, but I'll go for Hitachi next time.

Refurbished unit did not work from the get-go. Took it to the authorized service center in Denver where they lubed it up and restored to working order. Was told the Refurb units often sit on the shelf for extended periods and *dry out*. Worked well for small framing job...about 500 nails. Sat on the shelf for a year after that, then attempted to use again....no luck.

Guessing it would work well purchased as a new unit and used consistently.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fast Gun Fast Gun Fast Gun