Thursday 16 April 2009

Kingston - usb flash drives


Benched two of these UFDs on Windows with ATTO Disk Benchmark. With 32KiB test patterns, averaged 5.17MiB/s write and 15.35 MiB/s read, increasing to peaks of 7.72 MiB/s write at 128KiB and 20.54MiB/s at 256KiB. Capless design a plus, construction seems reasonably solid, reviews elsewhere seem to indicate better-than-average to very good reliability in terms of defect rate. (My ownership is a few weeks at time of review.) Kingston Digital Inc. 16GB DataTraveler 100 Generation2 2.0 USB Flash Drive DT100G2/16GBZ - Black

The packaging on the drive says it operates at 10MBPS. It doesn't lie. Although this is good to have a constant transfer rate, it is still 10MBPS. My SanDisk Cruiser normally hits 20-30MBPS. Regardless, there are no problems transfering anything. The opening and closing of the USB dongle is a little strange; it feel like closing it may actually break it. Again, I would recommend SanDisk over this any day of the year, but whatever your preference is.

Item seemed to work okay but as I went to close it the USB connection bent and will not straighten back out. Always gotta be a bad one in the batch and I got it this time. Will not order another model designed like this, product still works but since it won't close it's not practical to keep so will be returning. Got one for a friend as a gift awhile ago and theirs is fine.

I used this to store a few ISOs and scripts needed for a server migration. As with most flash media, it's FAT32 and won't store files larger than 4GB. I'm sure you could reformat it, but I didn't care. Works good to transfer data to the PS3, too. It's seems to load fast, and worked perfectly in multiple envornments (Linux, XP, Win 7, and Server 2003 and 2008 R2).

I've always had confidence in products from Kingston. They have always performed to my complete satisfaction.

This is great device to backup of your hard drive files and also burn music to listen to while driving. That's assuming you have a USB port on your car. This amount of memory is better than carrying along dozens of CD's.

I've owned and used many, many thumb drives (flash drives, jump drives, or whatever term you would like to use). I've owned cheap ones (really cheap and free) and expensive ones (prices I would never pay but the company I worked for at the time thought it worthwhile).



I've had problems on multiple computers, with multiple types of files. Whether copying, moving, playing a file from or simply waiting on my computer to recognize that the drive has been attached - all aspects of using the Kingston Data Traveler 100 Generation 2 drive have had issues.



In summary - when my new one comes in, I will be throwing this one away.

Great price for 16GB.



I've had several kingston USB flash drives and they are fairly reliable.



The only thing wrong with it is the loop. The reason I bought a slider was to be able to keep it handy. Keeping it on a key ring broke the loop in a few days. I'd suggest getting a small lanyard for it. - Usb Flash Drives'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kingston - usb flash drives usb flash drives Kingston - usb flash drives