Thursday 16 April 2009

Art Supply Set - art supplies, oil paint


This paint kit would be excellent for someone who is just learning to paint. It has a slew of different media and brushes. I guess I don't need to list it all. I also like that the easel is built in. I did buy new brushes. The ones that come with the set are crappy. I found that the bristles on all of them are too long and too difficult to control if you're trying to make narrow, short lines. Royal & Langnickel 104-Piece All Media Easel Artist Set

This set is nice but in my opinion not worth the price, the paints are good but the box is pretty flimsy and the brushes are not very good. when i got it one of the oil paints had been punctured and paint got on the inside of the box and on some of the other paints and the pallet, it sounds like a lot but it wasn't really THAT much paint, just enough to be annoying and dissapointing, especially because the set was a christmas gift for my wife. I must say though that besides all that she does have a lot of fun with this and has painted many cute pictures to hang in our new babies room. I would recomend looking for a different paint set if i were you, or at least if you could find this one for a much lower price.

It's a good introduction set to painting with oils, acrylics and water colors. Just what I wanted since I am just starting out. It gives you a good variety of media to experiment with. You soon realized that if you are going to do quality work you need an few more supplies. (I am going with acrylics)



I added:

One Stroke Painting INT1059 Folk Art Value Brush Pack (Amazon)

Stainless Steel Painting Knife - Pallet Knife 5-Piece Set (Amazon)

and a couple more things like gesso, Matte Finish Spray and larger

tube of white (Amazon)



In the end the nicest part of this set will be the wooden box. It is very nicely made with dovetailed joints, drawers for storage and good hardware (flip latches) and sturdy leather handle. I will have a convenient place to store all my supplies and I can take them anywhere should I decide to work outside or on location. I love it. The box is classy and convenient.



"THIS IS NOT A TOY" - I DON'T KNOW WHY AMAZON CONSIDERS THIS A TOY

I purchased this for my step-daughter for christmas. She's an artist in training and she really loves this case/easel. Although the paints are not top of the line, they are quite good for what this is. The wood on the box isn't terribly strong so you will want to treat this with love. But over all, this case is very much worth the cost.

I would certainly recommend this for a young artist that is just learning or someone with not a lot of experience. The variety makes it very easy for the artist to decide with media they like working with best -but this would lead them to buy a better quality set.

I got this set as a gift, and it's a lot of fun, but to be honest I prefer a higher quality of oil pastels and watercolor pencils & paints. I could go on and on about all the little things wrong with each media, but I'll save the space. - Art Supplies - Art - Art Kit - Oil Paint'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Art Supply Set - art supplies, oil paint oil paint Art Supply Set - art supplies, oil paint