Wednesday 15 April 2009

Guitar String Winder - guitar winder, acoustic guitar


I'm so glad Ernie Ball decided to put out this tool. I've been using the manual kind for years and have been tempted in the past to get an attachment for my cordless drill. The reason I never did was that I was worried it would be too powerful for that purpose. This is made for string changing with just enough power and speed for the job and the right head to fit all kinds of tuners. I love it! Ernie Ball PowerPeg Battery Powered String Winder

If you change your guitar strings often, as you should. You'll find this product to be invaluable. It is battery powered and the batteries will last forever. It makes string changes and loosening strings so much easier than doing it by hand. Another interesting feature of this winder is that you can reverse the batteries polarity and make the winder wind in the opposite direction. This feature definitely comes in handy when working on some instruments. I highly recommend this product for its solid construction and durability.

I got one for my wife and it looked good but the batter case will not close. I have to tape it shut. the case close without batteries put then in and it will not close up. So I can not recomend this product to anyone.

This is the best thing since sliced bread. I love this tool. It makes changing strings so much fun. I look forward to changing my strings. I like to get new strings for all my guitars at once just so I can use this tool. The 6 feet cords that came in the same package were just fine but the enamel was already coming off of one of them. Other than that these both arrived sooner than promised and packaged very well. I will do a lot more business with Amazon.com.









Ernie Ball PowerPeg Battery Powered String Winder

It works just fine, but for a motorized tool, I expected it to spin more like a drill. It doesn't. As far as speed is concerned, with the same result, I could keep using the $2 peg winder found at my local music store.



However, when compared with a standard peg winder, the powered string winder is steady and smooth. It doesn't snag or bump into anything. Minus the speed factor, it's a good tool.



Do I like the powered string winder? Yes.

Will I continue to use it? Yes.

Do I recommend it? No.



I recommend purchasing a powered screw driver (c $15) and a peg winding adapter (Duck's Deluxe makes one for $5, Dunlop makes a 'turbo tune string peg winder' for $7).

Here's what you'll need to know about this product if you're interested in getting one.....

1. The 'head' accommodates multiple tuning peg sizes due to the slot config. That's a good thing.

2. The trigger is a rocker switch..... so you can wind and unwind,....quickly. That's a good thing, for the most part.

3. It is not variable speed. One speed. FAST RPM! It takes some practice and patience. Nothing special, just the will to get used to it. Initially, and until you get used to it, you'll have the head jumping off the peg. Don't 'fret' (bad pun)... a few minutes of rehearsal with it and you'll get to like it. I've opted to pull the trigger in short bursts so as to refrain from having a string change remind you of a NASCAR tire change in the pit.... and especially because when you get close to the desired tension you need to go slowly so as not to over-run it.



I would have much preferred a device that has a two-position switch.... 'slow' and 'fast' position on the trigger for more control. I've rated it 4-stars, not 5, not because there is anything 'wrong' with it or that it doesn't work. It does all that the advertisements say it will. It's the aspect of the device I had to find out the hard way that keeps me from giving it a 'perfect' score.



All in all, be patient and all will be well. Realistically, I don't need to change a set of strings in just a couple of minutes.... I've got hours if I chose to. I suspect most folks are in the same position. If you're a 'roadie' for a big group, I could see the need,...the need for speed. But, alas, I'm not. So, like some of the other things I've purchased along the way, I now have a new toy. I works. I'm satisfied...... for now.

DP

THEY SHOULD OF INVENTED THIS SO LONG AGO!!! I WAS AFRAID WHEN I BOUGHT IT THAT IT WOULD TURN TO FAST AND I WOULD BREAK THE STRINGS... BUT IT JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF POWER!!! IT MAKES PUTTING STRINGS ON YOUR GUITARS SO MUCH EASIER!!! AND WHEN YOU HAVE TO STRING ALMOST A DOZEN GUITARS BI-MONTHLY.... IT HELPS CUT THE TIME BY MORE THAN 1/2!!! IT WAS DELIVERED QUICKLY AND ITS EASY TO USE.... 2 THUMBS UP AND IF I HAD MORE THUMBS THEY WOULD BE UP ALSO!!! :-) - String Winder - Guitar Accessories - Acoustic Guitar - Guitar Winder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Guitar String Winder - guitar winder, acoustic guitar acoustic guitar Guitar String Winder - guitar winder, acoustic guitar