Wednesday 8 April 2009

Accessory Kits - charging caddy, charging station


This is a very nice charging valet. It is nicely put together and stained well. It is a good size so that all the cords should fit into the valet. My only concern is why did you use a picture of your product that didn't show what it looks like very well? I took a chance because it had all the features I was looking for and that turned out ok but because of the picture, I almost didn't. Charging Valet Cherry

This looked just as it is pictured, however the power strip only allows two to three of our chargers to be plugged in at one time. (There are 5 outlets) the outlets are turned so the chargers cover the outlet next to it. It is cumbersome to unplug devices and lift the lid to switch out the plug so the next device can be charged.

I received this as a gift and I had just purchased one a week before, so I needed to return this one, I thought about keeping it but the power strip in the back is set to where you can only plug 2-3 charging cords in when there are five plugs, very little room in the compartment the strip is kept in also. The box the charger was in was all broke apart when I received it.



The station itself was $40. When I contacted the seller to return it they gave me an ATR number and stated I had 10 days and it would cost the buyer 15% for them to take it back (he got back $29, so tell me how right that was as it cost him $11 for me to have them take it back), well I got sick that week and was house-bound and needed another number.



They gave it to me and reminded me that "shipping would come out of my pocket". I had no intention of letting them pay for the shipping to begin with and didn't appreciate the comment. Now my brother is out 15% ($11) for me having to return this product that was not worth the money they sold it for, I have seen better on Amazon for a lot less money, and I was insulted in the process. I don't recommend this seller to anyone, especially when they won't even take their own product back without you paying them to take it back and sending it out in a box that was not even together.

My daughter and son-in-law wanted a charging valet that would work for all their devices including I-phones. They were very satisfied with this valet. It charges all their phones and other devices. Great Christmas gift.

It is nice in appearance but that is about where it ends. If the designer had only made it about 2 inches wider, taller and deeper then this would be a perfect design.



The surge protector internally is as tiny as you can get. The plugs are positioned at the wrong angle to use almost any plug adapter except for the tiny solid state devices which almost no manufacturer uses.



You can get the Power Strip Liberator but even with those the most you can barely fit is four of the five plugs and you have to wrap the cords out one backside hole and back into another or you can only fit 3 devices. The caddy is almost ridiculously small. Also the power cord to the surge suppressor that is built-in is only about 2.5 feet long and almost useless as well.



While we are using the device and I managed to cram in 4 plugs and adapters the top is not laying flat like it is designed. It will work for us but I am not exactly happy with it. We didn't see anything else that looks better to swap it out for. So I guess we will use it till we see something better in a real store that we can touch and examine close up.



The way this device is advertised is misleading.

I purchased 2 of these iessntials Charging Valets as Christmas Gifts to give to family members who I thought could actually use them. I purchased through Amazon.com 5 days before X-mas and hoped that I would receive them by Dec. 24. I got 1 on Dec. 30 (almost a week after X-mas) and had to e-mail the Vendor (through Amazon.com) to ask about the second. After sending 2 e-mails with no response and a threat to report the business to BBB & Amazon.com, the vendor finally sent me a e-mail saying they were shipping the 2nd Valet. I received that on Jan. 8, 2010 (2 weeks after X-mas). When I rec'd the 1st Valet, I was so unimpressed with it I decided not to give it to the intended recipient. The Valet itself is smaller than what I thougt it would be and if the electronic devices you are charging have those large plug-in adapters, they won't all fit in this Valet. The quality of it is also not worth the price of this product. The small drawer at the bottom does not pull out straight so it gets stuck when you pull it. There's 2 small dowels keeping the drawer from pulling out all the way and they already fell out. The so-called "leather" surface of this Valet where you put your devices is actually cheap vinyl. I ended up keeping the second Valet because I was too embarassed to give this as a gift. Maybe next X-mas I will give it to someone I don't really care for and let them get frustrated with this overpriced junk. I should have known not to buy this when the only picture that was shown of this product was half of the box that it came in. I could have gotten a similar product for 1/3 of the cost at Target.

Product delivered on time and in perfect condition. It fits phones, bbs, bluetooth, car and house keys, plus some coins and business cards. It does its job and keeps my kitchen desk more organized. Only negative is that I had to use an adapter to charge 4 electronics because the charger doesn't fit all plugs. - Charging Station - Accessory Kits - Charger Caddy - Charging Caddy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Accessory Kits - charging caddy, charging station charger caddy Accessory Kits - charging caddy, charging station