Thursday 26 March 2009

Kitchen Storage - kitchen storage


I'd seen a lot of bad reviews concerning the cheap coating on Calypso products, but this one had better reviews, and for the price, I figured it was worth a shot.



Don't make the same mistake I did.



I saved a few dollars, on this. It's a very pretty color, and good-sized. It's also a complete piece of #$@%.

I *just now* opened the very carefully-packed box it came in, where it traveled a mere two days, cushioned by little air bags and tucked into a corner where it could not possibly be so much as bumped. I feel confident in assuming it had a safe journey.

Yet the coating is ALREADY in chips, in the bag. Before it ever left its plastic wrap, the coating began to flake off, over an area of about an inch and a half. And now that I can see inside, I see WHY it came off so easily: the outer coating is paper-thin. Literally. More disturbing, is the fact that it looks like it was not only the coating flaking off, but the METAL underneath, which is coming off, right along with the coating.



This would obviously never survive normal use in a kitchen. And I'm shocked enough by the quality of it to never buy another product from Calypso, again. Calypso Basics Utensil Holder, Pink

It's the perfect size to fit your utensils. Not too small that it tips, not too big that it takes up half the counter and your utensils look lost in it. I have it in turquoise with yellow utensils, and it adds a pop of cheer to a room I usually associate with drudgery.

I love this utensil holder. It is weightier than I expected, which is good. The weight keeps the holder upright even when filled with lots of top-heavy utensils. I love it! It also looks great filled with my red utensils so I'm on my way to achieving the red and turquoise kitchen I dream of!

I opted for the white one to hold all 12 of my pink kitchen utensils and it's the perfect size. I only keep my smaller ones in a drawer (garlic press, vegetable peeler, ice cream scoop and can opener).



Tall enough so there's no chance of it tipping over, and the pink utensils look nice against the white. It's possible the enamel might wear, over time, but I think it'll be fine since all my utensils have nylon or wood handles.



Here's what fits in mine (all handles down, of course):

Slotted Spoon

Spoon

Fork

Skimmer

Spaghetti Fork

Whisk

Silicone Scraper/Spatula

Potato Masher

Slotted Turner

Micro Plane

Locking Tongs

Ladle



I might have a difficult time fitting one more thing in it, but I don't think there's anything else I need, LOL.

This item arrived badly chipped at the base. It didnt look like it had been damaged in transit so it must have been very obviously consciously despatched in that state. I had waited a long time for it to arrive. I now dont have time to send it back so am stuck with it. Very disappointed.

I HAD TO DO ALOT OF RESEARCH ON PICKING A CROCK UTENSIL HOLDER BECAUSE OF ALL MY UTENSILS. I AM GLAD I CHOOSE THIS ONE BECAUSE IT HOLDS ALOT OF UTENSILS AND IT IS EASY TO WIPE OFF. I WISH THEY MADE A SMALLER ONE BECAUSE I HAVE ALOT OF SMALL WHISKS. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT. - Kitchen Storage'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kitchen Storage - kitchen storage kitchen storage Kitchen Storage - kitchen storage