Thursday 26 March 2009

Corded


I held off buying this product hoping someone else would finally write a review on it. After getting a tire blow out the night before and having trouble removing some of the lug nuts, I felt I could no longer wait and ordered this item the next morning. As soon as you take it in your hands you have that feeling that this is nothing more than a toy and it will not do the job. Much to my surprise it did take off 3 of my 5 lug nuts on one wheel and then it just quit working. This is a cheap,poorly made tool that you cannot rely on. You would be much better off purchasing a good four way chrome tire lug wrench and adding on a three foot pipe extention to it for more leverage. Thanks to AMAZON'S wonderful return policy I was able to send it right back for a full refund. Wagan EL2257 12 Volt Impact Wrench

They ought to be ashamed to call this an impact wrench! I sent mine back to the company thinking there was something wrong with it. They returned it in the same condition. It's true...You get what you pay for and I could have gotten more for a whole lot less!

I gave it 1 star cause I did not think I could post with 0 stars.

The device works, but not as effective as I would like. This 12V impact wrench best operated with car running to supply 14V to make this product work better. At one impact per second or so, it takes a few seconds to wack wheel nut loose. Bottom line, it works, but for practical reasons, if it takes time to deal with the cable and its hookup, and throw in the one impact per second operation, it is just too much fuss with little reward. Better to have a breaker bar and appropriate lug nut size socket to leave in car for more efficiency. The short ineffective lug wrench supplied with most cars easily compensated by a good long Craftsman breaker bar with appropriate socket. With no assurance of how tight the lugs are when reinstalling them, a real wrench is best used anyway after using this impact wrench. However, the item is a keeper for me as home mechanic to deal with certain suspension work and long reach hardware. I would not recommend this product to the average buyer eyeing this product as an alternative to normal methods.

I purchased a Wagen EL2257 Impact Wrench for changing tires on my F-150 pickup and on my travel trailer. I have used it several times and have had no problem loosening bolts. The torque for my travel trailer wheels is listed as 120 ft-lbs. I tried to remove a wheel with a cross wrench but did not have the strength to loosen the lug nuts. I thought that I would have to buy a cheater to get the job done. After I bought Wagen Impact wrench, it very easily removed the same lug nuts using a "Start-It" 12V battery, not the vehicle battery as the power source. With a torque rating of 271 ft-lbs, I carry the Wagen with me on every trip that I take in case I have a flat. I am really glad that I bought this unit, and no, I never bought a cheater for my lug wrench.Wagan EL2257 12 Volt Impact Wrench

Well, I was able to try this for the first time when going to brakes on a Jeep. I was able to get like, 3 lugs off of one of the wheels with it, but its slooooooooow. I gave up on it. Granted, these lugs were def. over tightened, but if i had used this thing i felt like i would've been there all day.

I am very disappointed with this tool. It makes me waste time to use it on the first day. I spent over a minute to remove a lug nut while I did the same job in few seconds with the regular tire lug wrench belong with my car. If you have patience to change your tire and time to return then take it. God bless me! I can return it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Corded Corded Corded