Friday 20 February 2009

Optical Mouse Pad


It's super thin, so it's ergonomic for your wrists. It has repositionable adhesive, so it won't move around and drive you crazy. The surface is designed for Optical Mouse. (It even saves the battery for wireless mouse).



I use it with my Magic Mouse. It's just awesome.



Best mouse pad ever 3M Precise Optical Mousing Surface (MP200PS)

I really love how this pad stays in position when using it and the size is right for like the 10 inch laptop/notebook.



con; does not work on all mice, it works on 4 out of 5 mice. The mouse that I bought it is eratic and jumps around, It is a hp for notebooks. The mouse wooks fine on solid color surfaces.

The picture is totally misleading. I got two first impressions from that top picture that ended up being false, but went with it anyways when I saw so many (+) reviews:



1. This product does NOT have huge bumps all over it, this is just a stylistic graphic.



2. This product is NOT clear, but is opaque so you can put it over a glass surface like what I did







Overall, I would describe this mousepad as:



1. Thin, and stiff, but overall still bend-able. It is NOT made of foam, which helps give the mouse good feedback.

2. Finely granular surface that I find appealing

3. Low friction to allow easy mouse movement

4. Adhesive backing that prevents mousepad movement. If you forget about this adhesive backing, and leave the sticker on it like I did, the mousepad will move all over the place because it is so low friction.

I've owned a number of 3M's "mousing surface"s over the years, and this is the best yet. It's very thin--1/32" or less, and doesn't get in the way of keyboards, your wrist, coffee cups, etc. The back has a low-tack adhesive, like a Post-It note, so it stays perfectly flat and doesn't slide around, but you can easily lift it up and move it around.



The surface texture is less aggressive than the older versions, but optical mice track perfectly and I imagine a mechanical one would, too. The size is nice, although it might be a bit better if it was arced a bit and not a rectangle. Overall, it's just about perfect.

Have a 13.3" MacBook Aluminum and the Magic Mouse I bought simply would not track on the Lextra® (Country Heritage Stars), MouseRug®, black and gold, 10.25" x 7.125", one I purchased. So under the recommendation of other Mac users, I purchased the 3M Optical Mousepad. Looks good... very professional with a Mac-esque style. However, the mousing surface will NOT stay in position on my glass desk. Furthermore, it skews the tracking speed so each time I change mice, I have to mod the Mouse preferences. It's quite bizarre. While I really wanted this to work, it simply doesn't cut mustard. So back it goes!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Optical Mouse Pad Optical Mouse Pad Optical Mouse Pad