Friday 20 February 2009

Expansion Pack - the sims 3, simulation


I usually buy the game itself but I thought I would download it this time, Big Mistake! I'm not saying this would happen to everyone but for me it was disappointment after disappointment.

I have a 15" MacBook Pro and all the specifications for this download including high-speed wireless internet, and the download took 6 hours! After waiting all day to play it, I go to install the game software and it tells me that the Sims 3 I have is not compatible with this game and that I have to download extra stuff. Well, I have the original Sims 3 and all the expansion packs, so I'm not sure what the issue is. So I have to download this new item and the download keeps crashing after about 30 minutes of downloading.

Needless to say it has taken me all day to figure this out and it probably would have been easier for me to get the actual game and wait a day for shipping.



I'm not saying this will happen to everyone, I mean it could have been a bad day for me. And like the review before me says: download times are different for everyone. Just don't go into the download purchase lightly. The Sims 3: Generations [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 generations is a pretty good game. It download pretty quickly and was easy to setup and install. The game provides a lot of cool items for kids and teens. However, as an adult there isn't really an improvement. This game is geared towards the younger generation in the sims. I would have liked to have seen more products for adults. Overall, the game is pretty fun.

I'm giving this 5 stars in terms of how quickly it took to download/install/ and run this expansion.

I've read reviews that the download was giving people issues on Windows so I downloaded this for my Mac. (I dualboot).



Anyhoo, on my 2011 15" MacBook Pro (Intel Core i7 Sandybridge series) I had no trouble installing, getting the updates, and running the game without the disc. (I purchased it and was running it a little under 30 minutes later... but I guess THAT would depend on your processor/ram/internet.)



The download isn't too bulky (a disappointment, really.) Only 1.5GB to download.

Everything seems to be in working order thus far so if you were hesitant to getting the download from Amazon for Mac OSX, don't worry about it.

The best part about this of course is that I can finally play without that darn CD! I think I've used my CD input since I had this computer to hold Night Life. It's good to know I can freely run Sims without stupid mods to remove the disc. Plus, now me and my sister can play this simultaneously! :D



Happy Simming!

There are some fun features in this package but I know I have not even discovered them all because there are so many small random interactions added that I discover something knew all the time! I just love the Sims!

after i bought it, it downloaded within 5-15 mins i have the macbook pro 13' i thought i was gonna have troubles based on the one review but then i was think i could try my self it downloads based on internet connection and yup i STRONGLY RECOMEND THIS WITH FULL INTERNET CONNECTIONNN but buy it either wayy disc or download CANT WAIT TILL PETSS

Since I'm in Germany now and my 15" MacBook Pro has the American Sims 3 with a different area code I thought before I order and wait a long time I may just download it. Well, I've been trying almost an hour now. And as soon as I get to 'Place your order', it goes back to the creditcard information. I can't figure out why it doesnt download and I dont really dare to download it from Origin because they only provide the PC version as a download. - Sims 3 - Simulation - The Sims 3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Expansion Pack - the sims 3, simulation the sims 3 Expansion Pack - the sims 3, simulation