Monday 12 January 2009

Table Saw Accessory - portable table saw, contractor table saw


It was a long time coming but its finally here. The DW7450 makes the DW745 more useable to say the least. Nice quality stand that is strong yet not over built keeping the weight down. Its also nice that it folds so the saw and the stand remain very mobile. I found that using four cotterless hitch pins instead of the provided bolts to mount the saw to the stand makes the whole system much easier and faster to assemble and disassemble. A+ Dewalt. A simple design that should have been released at the same time as the saw. Better late than never. DEWALT DW7450 Table Saw Stand for DW745 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw

I used this stand with my saw while putting down about 700 sq ft of laminate flooring. Our house has lots of odd angles, so there were plenty of long angled rips of the flooring. The saw was rock solid on this stand, I never felt it move, tip, shake, etc. The bolts they give you to attach the saw to the stand are a bit ridiculous, I don't see most folks taking the time to fiddle with them. I used some cotterless hitch pins based on the suggestion of one of the other reviewers, but I don't feel like they really added anything. I might try longer ones or something else, but you probably don't really need anything, the weight of the saw and the design of the stand seem sufficient to keep things in place.

This is a must have accessory for the Dewalt DW745 portable table saw. I am only giving it 4 out of 5 stars because it is designed to use 4 bolts and wing nuts to attach the saw to the stand. Dewalt!! this is a portable saw, who wants to take the time to bolt down the saw each time it is moved? It seems like some kind of quick connect/disconnect system would have been a much better choice for a portable saw system. I use it without bolting it down each time, I just place the saw on the stand and start using it. To Dewalt's credit, the stand does hold the saw on quite well even without the bolts. I have not had any problems using the saw without the tie down bolt thus far.

I reluctantly purchased this stand a few weeks after the saw because I didn't want to spend the additional money. After a couple of weeks of working on the floor, I relented and glad I did. Using the stand makes the saw 10 times more enjoyable. The one thing that could be better is the saw set-up/attachment process. The bolt and nut attachment is way to cumbersome and time-consuming everytime you want to set-up and take down the saw. Otherwise, a must have accessory.

The stand for the Dewalt Table Saw is exactly what it should be: a stand. Simple, Light, Durable. The only suggestion I have is to get four Wing Nuts to replace the nuts it comes with to secure the saw to the stand. Not having to use a wrench will speed up set up and take down. Oh, the saw it supports is great too.

I found the same issues with height and folding away that others did. It needs to be a quick release system of some type. Going to try the cotterless pins instead of the bolts that came with it. I can't imagine being on a site and unbolting everytime I had to move it or take it with me. The whole idea is portability. Being 6'4" I found the stand too short. Would have been nice to have it adjustable for height. Easily done with longer legs and a few holes drilled along too choose the proper height for the consumer.

I thought this item was a bit overpriced, but after using it for a while in a fairly intense remodel job, I'm happy as can be. The stand is way more stable than it looks. I can shove a 2x12 through the saw and there is never a tendency for the stand/saw to tip over backwards. My only issue is that it is not height-adjustable and it is too low for me. I'm 6' 2" and I would like the table to be a good 4 - 6" higher than it is. I've gotten used to it, though, and I'd buy another. Read my review of the saw in epinions.com. Thanks, again, DeWalt, for another two very well designed products!

I like this table saw stand from Dewalt except for one thing. Being somewhat portable it would be nice if the attachment from the saw to the stand were made with some sort of quick release latches instead of using nuts and bolts. This requires using a wrench. Even if I had known this before, I would have purchased this stand for it's portability. Other than that the stand is very stable when in use and it is a good height. The price was excellent compared to anybody else.

I had been using the Bosch jobsite saw - 60 lbs. So I decided that the 24" rip capacity wasn't that important and bought the Dewalt saw at HD. They didn't have the stand. Got the stand at amazon. It is smaller, lighter, and easier to fit into my truck. Sets up much faster, easier than the Bosch. No complaints. The Dewalt saw isn't quite up to the spectacular Bosch saw, but the Dewalt is pretty good and the saw and stand are much lighter and easier for me to manage. - Portable Table Saw - Table Saw Accessory - Table Saw Stands - Contractor Table Saw'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Table Saw Accessory - portable table saw, contractor table saw table saw accessory Table Saw Accessory - portable table saw, contractor table saw