Friday 19 December 2008

1080p Lcd Hdtv - 1080p lcd hdtv, hdtv


This TV is quite impressive, especially for the money. There are plenty of inputs, many of which are conveniently located on the side of the panel. As far as the picture goes, the color is fantastic, and the contrast is pretty good as well. Where this TV falls short is the uneven back-lighting. In a low light setting watching a dark scene, you can see portions of the screen are brighter than others, which can be annoying at best and distracting at worst. Aside from that, I have no complaints with the television. Were money no object, I'm sure the Proscan would rate lower, however the value you get out of this TV for the price is hard to match. It is a very fine budget LCD HDTV. Proscan 32LB45Q 32-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black

I bought this for my workout room and for the money it is excellent. It was easy to set up and the picture quality is very good. I have a $3500 1080p TV in my main room and the picture quality is only somewhat better. For the price this thing fully delivers. We looked locally at TV's and couldn't even get a 720p for this price.



If you are going to nit pick or expect a $1000+ TV, then get your head screwed on right, it is not a high end TV but it is definitely not crap and the thing I really like about it is I have it up a little higher so I can see it to work out with but I can even see the picture and colors true when I'm on the floor stretching.



+ Amazon prime $3.99 overnight shipping to my door. The local store couldn't beat that if they tried.

Bought this TV when it was on sale at costco for $399. Excellent picture quality, adequate inputs (3x hdmi, 2x component, 1x composite/s-video), and a nice sound system. It is also very slim in depth compared to other non-ultraslim flat screens.



Why I wouldn't give this tv 4-stars:



No USB input, second component input, or L/R audio output (you will have to buy a Y-audio cable for audio output).



When there is no sound on an input the speakers make this small popping noise. I don't know why that is. To accommodate the noise, I put the tv on mute and the popping stops.



Another shortcoming is the remote control range. It does not work if it is more than a 30-degree angle from the receiver or not at the same vertical level.



Overall, it is a great tv for a great price.

I bought this TV last November 2009. After 3 month and half, sound board went out and there was no sound from TV. We called Proscan and tech came out to find out what is wrong. He ordered parts and we waited until parts delivred to us. After 2 weeks, we did not get parts, so called Proscan. A rep said it is on back order, but he could not tell us how long will it take. I requested to replace the TV since we may not use TV after slightly over three months. The rep said if technician authorize repalce, then I may get a new TV. IF NOT, YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO THORW IT AWAY....What a poor customer service they provide!! Worst TV and Wosrt customer service.

Set your expectations realistically folks. At this price range you're not gonna get a reference television. I just purchased this set for my bedroom and am very happy with it. My cable company signal sucks (Comcast) but once I fiddled with the parameters, I think I have obtained a pretty decent picture within reason for this price range. 4 stars relative to the price range.



Pros: Bang for the buck. This is the strongest point.

Lot's of connections.

Surprisingly good sound with LOUD volume.

Lot's of options to adjust the picture (good thing, because your gonna have too).

HDTV signals can look magical (obviously much of this depends on the broadcast signal).



Cons: Has some difficulty with black resolution...some black images look like ink stains from an underwater squid. This is the worst point.

Like many LCD's, it has a hot picture that can burn the eyes over time. Get a backlight.

Mediocre picture straight out of the box. You are going to have to adjust the parameters and fiddle with the sharpness/digital noise

reduction.

Colors too florid out of the box. Some of the reds look pinkish. Some of the greens look like an Irish haze. Tint rather Wizard of Oz-ish.

Delay between channels when switching.

Generic remote.

The TV screen went completely black after less than one minute when first powering on. When I turned it off and turned it on again, it did the same thing. I believe I got a defect one and had returned it for a refund.

I was seeking a small LCD TV for my bedroom, so I wanted something cheap. The price was definitely right on this one and the specs looked good as well. After unpacking it and hooking it up, I discovered why the price was so cheap. The resolution was great, but unfortunately every other aspect of the picture was terrible. Blacks were too dark but increasing the brightness to reasonable levels completely washed out the image. Colors were just plain WRONG - most things appeared too blue and way oversaturated. Reducing the color output to a manageable setting took all the "pop" out of the image. And these problems were not even the worst: all but the brightest scenes showed large amounts of dithering so that darker areas became a pixelated mess. This made everything but the news and sports basically unwatchable due to the distraction of it. After trying for a week to obtain a watchable picture I gave up and returned it for a Sharp 32 inch set and couldn't be happier.

Edit to put the bottom line right at the top: if occasional pixelation of scenes really would bother you a lot, this is not the TV for you. If that's a only minor annoyance, since it only happens in certain circumstances (dark or other almost uniformly colored areas), this could be a great bargain TV for you.





Basically, it appears that the color depth is unusually low, perhaps 16-bit (32 shades per primary color) instead of 24-bit (256 shades) somewhere in its processing. The result, most common in dimly lit scenes but appearing often when there are large areas of very slightly differing colors, is that instead of various shades of a color imperceptibly blending together along a continuum (e.g., dark gray smoothly deepening to very dark gray), you get a very discrete stair-stepping of colors (e.g., dark gray suddenly switching to very dark gray)--what's often called "color banding", though it occurs more in flickering splotches than in bands, all depending on the scene's coloring.



At first I thought this must be due to the cable company's over-compressing the signal, but no: I noticed it on a very HQ Blu-Ray disk as well. When I moved that same Blu-Ray disk player and disk to a friend's nicer TV, the color banding/pixelation vanished. - 32 Inch - Hdtv - 1080p - 1080p Lcd Hdtv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


1080p Lcd Hdtv - 1080p lcd hdtv, hdtv 32 inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv - 1080p lcd hdtv, hdtv