Saturday 1 November 2008

white board - white board


I've owned this product now for about 2 months. So far it has worked great. I've been using the standard Expo dry erase markers and they seem to erase easily without ghosting or other non-erasable marks. The overall construction of it seems pretty solid. The marker holder could be better constructed (wider and not as flimsy), but does serve its purpose fairly well. The board came with stuff to hang it that worked fine. Overall I am pretty satisfied. The box it came in was quite large, and the board itself was boxed in a more form-fitting box within that box. I did not observe any damage to it. If you want a pretty cheap, and good quality dry-erase board of this size, this is a great option. Board Dudes 24"x36" Aluminum Framed Non-Magnetic Dry Erase Board (17253UA-1)

I am currently a college student. One day I had an idea that I should buy a white board to help me study for my science classes (specifically, organic chemistry). I stumbled upon this one on Amazon and decided to purchase it since it is relatively cheap. The box it came in was pretty big, but the board itself was placed into a smaller tight fitting box inside. The board is pristine and clean. I have been using it for a month now and it is still in excellent condition. Oh, and I managed to score really high in my organic chemistry midterm with the help of this thing :).



Highly recommend.

I bought this whiteboard with the intention of writing reminders/msges to myself on a daily basis. I also do a math problem or two on here when I'm trying to help my gf who is studying finance. It has been an awesome tool for me. Erases clean, hangs up easily, and isn't an eyesore, but works well in my apartment. THis is great for someone who wants a larger size msg board for their home. For a teacher, it might be a little small, but all other purposes it serves well. Doesn't come with markers so buy your own. also, i don' t thing magnets work on it, if that's what you are into, but you can totally put sticky notes on it if you wanted.

I'm always thinking of something, and my desk used to be cluttered with countless sticky notes and 3x5 cards with half-baked ideas on them. After awhile I figured there must be another solution, so I grabbed this white board. It has been an incredible benefit. All of my half-baked ideas now have new place to go, on the dry erase board, where I can embellish them every time I walk by.



A couple of friends and I run a podcast, and my fiance and I have a video series for one of our websites, and this board gets extensive use for jotting down notes and ideas for those projects. It's a great way to expand your brains creative arena.

The tray for the pens aren't secured to the board very well. If you bump it slightly the tray will fall off. I'm not sure if others have experienced this but I'm not totally satisfied with it.



Otherwise, it is a pretty standard whiteboard. You get what you pay for, I guess.

I got this board to use at home, so very basic one is fine with me as long as it does not break too soon. But when I received it, the frame was warped. See pictures. There are a few boards at less price, and even come with free markers, eraser and magnets... but this one is at higher price and no free accessories. I certainly had higher hope for this board. Considering I paid additional for markers and erasers, this warped board is disappointing. It does not worth the hassle to return, I kept it.

I was excited to purchase this (bought in my local brick'n'mortar store) at a sensible price. Mounted the board on a Monday, and by the following Thursday it had warped significantly. It no longer hangs flat against the wall (one corner is raised from the wall almost 2 inches). Admittedly, temperatures/humidity in my home office have fluctuated a lot over the last week (although other wall items were fine)



So, Pros:

- Cost

- Magnetic + Whiteboard is great

- includes a marker tray

- Includes mounting h/w



Cons:

- Material must be prone to warping

- Included marker tray is somewhat flimsy (but works)



I'll try some additional mounting brackets this weekend to secure this more tightly against the wall; perhaps it will revert to its flat shape with some added weight over the weekend.

I use several hundred dollar whiteboards on a daily basis and have to say this one holds its own.



This board is well constructed, although was not designed to take a beating. It writes and erases with the best of them, but will start to leave ghost lines if you leave writing up for longer than a couple of weeks (as any dry erase board will). I made the mistake of doing this and trying to clean it with a vinegar based cleaning solution (whoops). If you are wondering how to turn a dry erase into a wet erase, that would be how.



Assuming you plan to hang this up and use it as a dry erase board I would highly recommend (don't let the low price scare you off). If you are looking for this board to be portable and take dings on a regular basis you may want to look around for something slightly more sturdy. - White Board'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


white board - white board white board white board - white board