Saturday 1 November 2008

Drawing


My daughter is taking her third semester of a drawing class. Her original pencils were used to nubs, and I bought this larger set as a replacement. She was thrilled to get everything she needed -- lots of different lead weights as well as erasers and graphite. A perfect set for her classes. Royal & Langnickel Essentials Sketching Pencil Set, 21-Piece

My daughter loves to sketch and draw so we got her this set to allow her to feel a bit more professional. She loves it! The only thing I would have liked to see in this set would be perhaps a set of "instructions" as to what the different strengths of pencils are used for, or even what the strengths stand for. I am sure professional artists do not need something like this.. but for beginners like my daughter, she is kinda lost when it comes to knowing what each kind of pencil is or how to use it properly. But she goes on her merry way and is having a blast creating and using them as she feels is right.

Let me preface this review with I have no idea what I'm doing. I bought a pencil kit because I love to draw but have no formal training. I love the wide variety of graphite and charcoal mediums. It's great exposure to find what you like and invest more in your favorites. I'd love to have a nice storage case for everything, but that's a bit unrealistic considering the price.

I recieved this item super fast and got exactly what was described. Very accurate description, and very speedy shipping. I would highly recommend this seller and would not hesitate to buy from them again. As an artist who has been out of commision for several years, this sampler is great to get back into the groove of drawing. Good quality.

I bought this as a gift and kinda embarrassed to give it after seeing how small everything is. The pencils look like regular pencils and a couple of them were sharpened so much it was less than a pencil size. The chalk is extremely skinny making it look like it is going to break easily. I think this would be better for half the price.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Drawing Drawing Drawing