Wednesday 19 November 2008

sunglasses - eye protection, boating


Wow! Since when can one get 'safety' glasses that are as fashionable as this? At $12.99, Amazon is selling this at a good price and I'm happy with the product. It hugs my face, looks sporty, is light weight and feels sturdy. I would not hesitate to recommend this product or to buy it again. AO Safety/3M Tekk 90988 Fuel High Performance Safety Glasses with Platinum Frame #90988

These Safety glasses are great, certified, great looking, and stylish. I use these for outside work, and also have another pair to use as normal sunglasses because they look and feel really good. They also come with a protective case!

I am really hard on glasses. I clean my glasses maybe once a week in the dishwater after I finish washing dishes if that gives you any clue. These frames and lenses have held up well over a month or so of use, mainly for driving and lawnmowing. My two main issues are (1) the lenses are not dark enough and (2) the frames (though durable) look like cheap plastic. The plastic is some type of soft, flexible plastic rather than hard brittle plastic, and I'm certain that will make them much less likely to snap, but the flat matte surface finish is a little different. I like the wrap-around design and wide temples. The things that look like temple vents on the front aren't - they're just fake vents - so fogging is occasionally a problem as it might be with any close design like this without vents of some kind. Buy these if you need a good pair of durable safety glasses, but don't expect to be entirely happy with the styling and materials if you want a pair of very durable sunglasses for general purpose wear as I did.

These are comfortable and they definitely do their job. That being said, using these on a regular basis causes the rubber to start to peel off and deteriorate. Also, if you're using them for any application where they're going to be subjected to repeated hits (debris from weed-eating, for example), they are going to get scratched up pretty quick. There's not much point in spending 15 bucks if you're using them like that; you'd be better off getting a box of cheap safety glasses. Otherwise, they look more like sunglasses than safety glasses and are a decent buy.

Stupid looking? I honestly don't agree. I guess that's just a matter of taste but I have gotten nothing but positive comments about these when I wear them and I work in the public eye. They look stylish, protect my eyes, and have a nice case to store them in. I can't complain.

I have ordered 5 pairs of these glasses not at any fault of the glasses and more the fault of my kids and dog. Anyway they are very comfortable and light. They are great safety glasses and the only sunglasses I wear.AO Safety 93201 Orange County Chopper Eyewear, Blue Mirror

The lenses on these are great. I do not have prescription glasses, and usually see better with sunglasses. My eyesight is excellent with these. I also have had no color distortion, as I have had with other sunglasses in the past.



The arms are a little fragile, my 3-year old broke both arms on my first pair. The provided case provides great protection for the glasses though.



Two thumbs up!

I have several pair of the AO Safety "Fuel" safety sunglasses and swear by them for almost any outdoor activity. My first choice when I'm sailing and working on boats and even for general wear outside on bright days. Very comfortable, non-distorting and inepensive and compareable to sun glasses that cost several times as much with the safety factors to boot! One word applies: awesome! - Lawn Equipment - Boating - Sunglasses - Eye Protection'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


sunglasses - eye protection, boating eye protection sunglasses - eye protection, boating