Friday 21 November 2008

Porous-point Pens


When I utilize my Pilot Razor Point pen, it's as if I am empowered with the ability to channel the force. Ideas sprout in my mind and as the ink glides across the paper I enter a deep trance of creative bliss. Sure you can bypass this passage to nirvana for a more "durable" pen such as the Staedtler Mars Professional Pen, but I ask you one question... what's the point of more ink if you have nothing brilliant to write with that ink? Pilot Razor Point Stick Pen, Extra Fine Point, Black, 12-Count (11001)

The pilot razor point pens are my favorite pens but I have such a hard time finding them. They write beautifully...smooth ink line that is not too thin not too fat. They also come in lots of fun colors. My hand also doesn't get tired using these pens. Try them!

These pens are okay but they don't last as long as a Staedtler Mars Professional Pen. That pen has more durablity than this pen. Pilot make good pens and I have used others such as the Pilot Knight Fountain Pen.

I have used the RAZOR point 1 and Razor point 2 pens for 15 years. They last a

resonable length of time and best of all;they do not smudge.The razor point 2 are good for very fine lines in your detailed illustrations. The razor point 1 is good for general fine lines and making notations on drawings. My career is dependant on these pens and I hope they never discontinue them.

All of the most powerful men I've ever known use this pen. It's pure magic. Ball points are for losers. Felt in the HOUSE!

I was hanging out with God the other day, and I'm like, "Yo God, what pen you use?" and he's like, "Pilot Razor, recognize ho".

then I was like "aw yeah son". Then we hugged.

if you like a little friction when you write, and you don't mind the ink showing up on the backside of thin paper, then this is one of the standards by which other such pens are measured. I've used this pen for over a decade and can't find anything better in its class for the money. the uni-ball micros are good, too. they don't bleed through as much but don't have as much friction when you write so you sacrifice some control.

My husband could probably get away with one pen every two to five years - he's always on a computer and even he has a hard time reading his own handwriting. I am "old school" - I keep to do lists on paper, write daily in my journal, sketch on actual paper and even write snail mail letters. I am a pen snob; he is not. And we both like this pen.



From my point of view, this pen is simply easy to use. You don't have to push hard to control your line, so although the body of the pen is light and thin, it doesn't tire your hand. The ink is dark, doesn't smudge easily, and resists fading. It isn't a waterproof ink, but I haven't had problems with an errant drop of water either. I am always on the lookout for truly fine point pens, and there aren't a lot of them out there. The Razor Point advertises as being 0.30 mm, and it feels fairly true to size, though the ink bleeds ever so slightly on most papers, giving me a line about as thick as the Pilot G-2's .38 mm line.



The Razor Point fits my husband's lifestyle just fine as well. So long as it is capped, the pen's ink stays liquid, and the cap itself fits tightly, so no problems with it popping off while hanging out at the bottom of a bag. It's also a cheap enough pen that it's not a big deal if someone walks off with it. Highly recommended.

I am an ink pen snob, and am extremely picky about what types of writing instruments I use. At times, I would easily take a cheap stick pen over a bulky expensive pen if the feel is right. A pen can write perfectly, but if the barrel is awkwardly shaped or isn't fit perfectly to the type and size of the point itself, it can feel off, and I will refuse to use it for any length of time. I have even been known to switch pens three and four times during an exam because they just didn't feel right. And yes, I do realize that I have some obsessive compulsive tendencies, but that is neither here nor there.



The Pilot Razor Point Pen in Extra Fine is near perfection for a pen connoisseur. It has everything that I love--a porous point that writes in an extremely fine line, while having an ease of ink flow that requires little to no pressure on the paper and, subsequently, enables longer writing times without hand cramping.



I absolutely recommend this pen to any and everyone. The price, averaging just over $1.08 each, is astounding. They are comparable to Sharpie pens (Sharpie Pen Fine Point Pen, 2 Black Pens (1742659)), but are fitted with a more ergonomic and comfortable barrel, and are considerably cheaper. Additionally, Sharpie pens do not come in extra fine, on amazon.com, at least, and so finding such an impressive specimen for less than $13 is truly remarkable.



Don't hesitate--buy these pens. You won't regret it.

This is such a great pen.

I've tried just about every pen out there in search of the perfect pen that won't smear and leaves a strong solid line.

I ordered up a box, as I could not do without this pen.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Porous-point Pens Porous-point Pens Porous-point Pens