Friday 21 November 2008

Earrings


This is the first time I ordered jewelry online, and I was prepared to be disappointed, considering you are getting 5 pairs of earings for about $40. Although the earrings looked beautiful in the pictures, I was thinking, well, they may look horrible in real (as many things you buy from online are). But I was totally surprised by how nice and beautiful these earrings are when I received them today. They look exactly like in the picture, and the gems are not small at all ( I was also expecting them to be tiny tiny gems). I especially like the peridot and the amethyst ones. Very nice color and shape. The garnet ones are not as red as I would have liked, but again, considering the price, they are worthy enough. Sterling Silver Peridot, Garnet, Amethyst, Blue Topaz and Citrine Individually Boxed Stud Earring Set

I bought these for my 83 year old mom, she loves jewelry and helped me pick these out. We thought it would be a good deal for the price. She was happy with the look of the stones when they arrived, but as others have noted, these stones are mounted at the end of a rather deep mount (almost 1/4 inch) which makes them rather top heavy. Unless you have very thick and meaty ear lobes, these earrings are going to droop downwards, not sit pretty on your ear as you would expect. Needless to say, my moms ear lobes are very thin, as soon as she put them in her ears, they drooped downward at a 45 degree angle. She was very displeased with these and we sent them back for a refund.

Even the previous reviews don't do justice to these earrings. I believe this is truly the best "deal" I've ever gotten. The earrings are absolutely beautiful - well cut, well set. The colors are vibrant, and identical to the photo. One reviewer thought the garnet too dark, but it's really a beautiful garnet - deep red without being "black" like so many cheaper garnets. When you consider that you're paying less than $10/pair the quality is astounding. [...] Delivery was typical of any other Amazon purchase.

These earrings are just as beautiful as they look in the picture - in fact, better than they look in the picture. The stones are nicely colored, and are very clear and sparkly. I don't have a problem with the earrings drooping in my ears.



They came packed in good-looking satiny blue individual gift boxes inside a matching larger box. Each small box has a square of anti-tarnish paper in it, which is a nice touch. I am delighted with them - they look like expensive jewelry, but are quite reasonably priced. I am extremely satisfied with this purchase!



For people who are afraid these earring will fall forward - it is possible to buy very inexpensive acrylic disc earring stabilizer guards. The stabilizer discs keep heavy earrings flat to the ear. Earring stabilizer discs are available at craft stores.



People with small fragile earlobes might also want to take a look at the 3mm gemstone earring set instead:

10k Gold 3mm Garnet, Amethyst, Blue Topaz, Peridot and Citrine Stud Earring Set

The earrings are beautiful but way too large for my small earlobes. The earrings do sag, but this is easily solved by using the disk-like earring backs that come with other earrings. The posts bend easily and the earrings protrude quite far from the ear due to the setting. One thing I disliked was that when the head is turned slightly, all you can see is the side of the setting - the stone is best viewed directly from the front. The stones are very beautiful and having the different shaped cuts for each type was nice. The fancy silver setting is also nice. They are a great value for the quality product received. However, I have returned the earrings and will look for something a bit smaller.

These earrings were supposed to be gifts for family, but I sent them back as the backings were not very tight and since the gemstones are set so high and in such substantial settings, they would become loose in my earlobe and always looked odd, like they could fall out at any moment. Beautiful stones, lovely fancy silver work, but they stick out of the lobe too much for me and the backs can't really support the weight.

These were way better than I thought they would be. I really love every pair. In another review the person commented on the color of the garnet not being red enough but they really are as pictured. I was also worried that the earrings would be too heavy, but I forgot I even had them on until someone complemented me. Highly recommended.

I agree that these are a great bargain, and the stones are all beautiful. The only problem is that they flop over on the earlobe because they are so heavy. They also are set very high, so from the side you mainly see the silver setting. I bought these for my sister, and she didn't end up keeping them because they sagged downward on her ear lobe. I tried them on and they worked ok for me. I guess one just needs to have thick and short earlobes to make these heavy earrings sit properly on the ear.

This is such a nice set - I wear a different pair everyday. My only disappoint in them is the size - I was hoping to wear them in the top of my double pierced ears - but I can't because they are TOO BIG. I have gotten so many compliments on them. Yes, you can break them up and give them out as gifts. They would make GREAT gifts. But you will need to order 2 sets, because you will want to keep a set for yourself.



I tell everyone where I got them from!

I agree with the reviews that these are very nice stones. However, I should have paid heed to the review that discusses the three "dimensionalness" of these earrings. They do not sit well on the ear and you see the setting while the stone droops toward the ground. Wish now I hadn't bought them.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Earrings Earrings Earrings