Friday 21 November 2008

Love It


This really is the best of the best when it comes to loose powder. It has a super-fine texture and never looks cakey. It does a fantastic job at combatting shine and keeping your make up looking fresh. It does not clog pores at all and it really does extend the life of your makeup throughout the day.



I really like the translucent shade because, unlike most powders out there, it really is translucent. It doesn't give your face a whiter look . . . it really is virtually invisible.



The coolest part about this is that you get A LOT of powder for your money, so it's well worth it.



This powder gives your face a beautiful, natural finish. It lets your complexion shine through and keeps oils at bay.



A very excellent buy! Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder Translucent

i tried this product (the translucent shade) during my lunch hour- i was so impressed and went back to buy it after work. i am african and i must say this powder works great with my skin tone. i have seriously oily skin and by the time i get to work, i am 'shining' in an unappealing manner, so other than blotting my face with a napkin (i refuse to spend money on paper blotters- total rip-off), i needed real help.

this powder does the trick, its not cakey, greasy or dry...its truly fine and light. i use it over my m.a.c sheer powder. i'd give it 10 stars if i could...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I have a normal to oily skin type and this setting powder works wonders for me. With this powder, make-up stays a little longer. The powder is really light and does not leave a caked on feeling on my face; also no fragrance. Not inexpensive but for me it is worth its price.

Because all the other reviews have described this powder beautifully, I will just say that you should definitely get the Velour Puff. I have always used a brush for my powder so it took some time to get use to using the puff. What I have learned from Laura Mercier products is that you MUST apply them as directed for the best result. Put some powder in the lid, dab the puff, then fold the puff and scrunch it a few times. Then dab with a rocking motion. It takes a bit more time but it really is amazing. If you get the foundation, always apply with a sponge; never use a brush or your fingers. The Laura Mercier sponges are also better than any that I have tried. They are egg shaped and they feel amazing. You can throw both the sponges and the puff in the wash machine so they can last forever! I am a new fan of Laura Mercier products and so far have not been disappointed. I also love the eye basic and wrote a review on that as well. I am going to try the foundation primer and the flawless fix pencil next.

I have tried them all and its official. This is the best powder out there. Why? First, it doesn't cake. At all. It is smooth on the skin and I don't know this for sure but it seems like even when I wash it off my skin looks better. I think its improving my skin. Also, it REALLY covers. I have some scarring but Laura's products hide it completely.

I used powder a great deal in my teens and early / mid twenties, to combat oiliness and help cover up skin problems. Once I hit my late twenties, I stopped using it. I found just about every product I tried to be either too powdery (too visible - even the colorless products I tried) or completely useless after wearing for more than 5 minutes.



This powder is drastically different and superior to any other I've tried. It melts into my skin, giving a perfectly matte (but not too matte) finish and leaving my skin feeling like silk. The Translucent shade is perfect for my pale skin - not adding any color but creating a nice finish.



I think I need to say skin again.



Skin.

I had heard a lot about Laura Mercier's products, especially her foundation and concealers. But since I am very happy using Stila's Oil Free Natural Finish foundation I decided to try her powder since I already needed some as the situation goes. I bought her translucent loose powder and I can say it feels so wonderful--and you want to know why it feels wonder? Because I can't feel it! It's improved the stay ability of my foundation, doesn't cake, and holds up against my seasonally oily skin and the heat of Atlanta. I am instantly a fan AND will be trying her other products in the near future. My only gripe is the loose powder only comes in two other shades which makes translucent my only option. However it is truly translucent and doesn't alter the color of my foundation whatsoever. For that reason I still give it 5 stars.

Personally, I don't care to spend too much on make-up, but there are a few products which I think are worth paying the extra few dollars for, such as Laura's, Setting Powder. I have yet to try a Laura Mercier product that doesn't satisfy my expectations. If you find loose powders to be messy or a hassle, then obviously, purchase a pressed powder rather than this product. If you like the light feeling of loose powders, you'll love this product. A little goes a long way, but not that long, so expect you'll need to buy some more in a couple of months and figure that into your beauty budget. :)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Love It Love It Love It