Friday 31 October 2008

Fibromyalgia - salonpas, back pain


I cannot sing enough praise for Salon Pas..

I will not take any other pain relievers anymore but I do stuff that

regularly causes me pain so I am only too happy to plaster myself all

over with Salon Pas at night and wake up feeling fine.. and for next to no $$.... honestly. don't know where I'd be w/o them.. Salonpas Pain Relieving Patch - 120 Patches

i bought the blue box of salonpas at walgreens for my sprained and strained shoulder. the doctor had my on pain meds but nothing was helping. saw the add on the tv and thought well it cant hurt so i tried them. worked wonders for my shoulder went to a diffrent walgreens to buy some more and got the smaller ones in a green and white box. apparently they are diffrent very diffrent i think ill go back to the blue box this green one made it hurt more. so if you try one and it doesnt work try the other you never know.

When I first bought these, I was disappointed in their size--so tiny compared to other pain-relieving patches I'd been buying for my chronic neck/shoulder muscle spasms.



HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure that for the money, you get tons more actual product--although these patches are quite a bit smaller--only 2.56 X 1.64 inches each, there are way more in a package. So, it's a great value.



Another thing I really like is that unlike large patches, these are pretty easy to apply by yourself without having them get all wadded up/wrinkled or in the wrong spot.



And, you can always slap on more than one to cover however much space you need to cover! (I have three on my neck/shoulders now). They adhere quite strongly, and are like any adhesive applied to the skin--it can smart a bit when you take it off!



The active ingredients in these patches are camphor, menthol and methyl salicylate. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients, or aspirin (salicylate is very similar to aspirin and can cause the same reaction), skip these and try something else--maybe the capsicum products? I have some skin allergies, but am not bothered by these.



One benefit of using patches rather than pain-relieving creams or ointments is that you do not get yucky-smelling product on your hands.



Another is that you can wear these when you have to be around other people and you don't smell like you are slathered in ointments.



Plus, they are quite portable. I have one of the smaller packages in my purse for on-the-go pains. There are six small packages inside the box, each containing 20 patches, so you get 120 of these little patches in the box. Even if you use multiples at a time, they will last quite awhile.



I use these mostly for my neck/shoulder pains, but they also work when I overdo the exercise (or it rains) and my old knee injury acts up. I believe they'd work for almost any spasm, pulled muscle, stiffness or joint problems--anywhere you have pain, but the skin is not broken.



Highly recommended.

It's like Ben-gay on a patch.



I've suffered from chronic severe pain for more than 3 years. My doctors call it idiopathic diabetic neuropathy.



Salonpas works better than Lidoderm(tm) patches and costs a fraction of what Lidoderm does.



The ingredients are GRAS (generally recognized as safe), and aren't nearly as messy as similar OTC treatments like Ben-gay.

I LOVE this stuff! I get neck pain every now & then & while using Biofreeze gel helps, Salonpas does the job WAY better! My only minor gripes are: 1) the patches don't come in skin tone colors (although it is fun telling people I'm using a nicotine patch & not to judge me just for kicks); & 2) the adhesive works so well it removes all of the hair off my neck when time comes to take off the patch. Sometimes it'll even leave a red spot where I removed the patch. BUT that's nothing compared to the wonderful pain-eliminating results I've gotten from using these patches.

About 10 years ago, I was invited to sit in on a focus group that was testing the application of a topical pain reliever. I am very familiar with (and a proponent of) acupuncture as well as attitude (placibo effect) on pain management. This product works faster than asprin! Quite often, I wake up with lower back pain as well as stiffness. Just knowing I have these patches available is a huge help toward the placibo effect (if that is what it is) - but I also really believe that it works like topical asprin - and my pain relief begins almost immediately - I am definitely hooked. There is a more intense Salonpas advertised for arthritus relief - but I do not think I will ever need it, because as soon as I feel a pain (shoulder, lower back, etc) - I reach for this patch and I am fine. Oh - and I started out with the bigger patches, but realized I could cut them in 2, and still get the same effect - it seems to spread across your skin, no matter the size of the patch. - Pain Patch - Back Pain - Arthritis - Salonpas'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fibromyalgia - salonpas, back pain back pain Fibromyalgia - salonpas, back pain