Saturday 6 September 2008

Laptop Cooling Stand - laptop fan, laptop cooling stand


I've been using this laptop stand for about two months now, and I read several reviews of laptop stands before deciding to purchase this one. After reading reviews of some of the other stands, I became concerned that the size of my laptop might create stability problems. I'm happy to report that this stand holds my computer with minimal wobbling as I type. The sides of the computer extend about an inch beyond the stand on either side. The USB powered fan is quiet and sits unobtrusively underneath the middle of the computer. The swivel feature turned out to be an unexpected, pleasant addition.



There are a couple of mild negatives that prevented me from giving this stand five stars. The front tabs that hold the computer in place protrude slightly and can be annoying to my wrists. One of the tabs also blocks the front-loading CD drive slot, so if I want to insert or eject a CD I must lift the computer off the stand. If I want to close the laptop, I must move it back slightly in order to miss the tabs. These are only minor inconveniences and would not have prevented me from purchasing this stand if I had known about them ahead of time.



Lastly, the price seemed very nice compared to most of the other laptop stands I saw. Connectland CL-NBC-STDFAN Plastic Ergonomic Laptop Cooling Stand for 12-Inch-17-Inch Notebook PC

I haven't had this stand for very long, but so far it is well worth the price. This laptop stand is very flat and compact then folded and stores easily in my carry case. It is a simple device with a cooling fan and an easle to adjust the tilt of the laptop, thereby reducing back and neck strain. A small cable plugs into the USB port of the laptop to power the fan. The best part for me is not the cooling fan, but the easle. By raising the back of the netbook the screen and keyboard are put at an angle and reduce pressure on my neck and back which makes it easier for me to work comfortably for longer periods of time. This is the best value I found in regards to weight (lightest), price (under $15 when I got it) and quality (sturdy and uncomplicated). I strongly recommend this product for those who are are on the go or cramped for space.

I bought this for my 17" HP laptop. I travel all the time for work and needed something to prop it up and keep it cool. I've tried several kinds of cooling stands or pads. Most had exposed fans on the bottom making them useless when on a bed or lap. The fan on this one is fully enclosed, even when used flat. This is easy to use and works great. I'm very happy with it. It folds flat and the cord rolls up neatly for easy storage.

I purchased this stand after reading countless reviews. It had all of the qualities I was looking for and, as an unhappy reviewer for a different brand noted, was half the price of the same piece of equipment sold under another name (VIZO, Syba, and probably others - all here on Amazon). For the sub fifteen dollar catagory, you can't beat this laptop cooler/stand. It does a good job of keeping the laptop cool, much of which is accomplised I'm sure, by just elevation and increasing the air space under the laptop. The good qualities are:



- it is quiet

- it has a tilt feature with adjustable angles (4 plus the flat position)

- it has a swivel on the bottom of the unit. This cool little feature lets you rotate the laptop and stand with the touch of a finger. You don't have to pick everything up to turn it.

- it is very stable for my size of laptop



The potential drawbacks would be if you had a CD/DVD tray that opened to the front. The feet that do a good job of keeping the laptop from slipping but would probably block opening the tray without lifting the laptop a bit.

It keeps my laptop cool, but when I try to flip my monitor backwards the keyboard part always flips backward. The little grips on the front part is not sturdy enough to hold my 17" laptop, but as I have said it serves its purpose in cooling my laptop. I just have to be extra careful.

I was about ready to buy a new laptop because the one I have kept over heating. My husband bought this cooling stand and my laptop now stays cool all day. It folds flat for storage or travel and is light weight. The price is minimal for the benefits gained. - Laptop Cooling Stand - Laptop Fan - Notebook Cooler - Laptop Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Laptop Cooling Stand - laptop fan, laptop cooling stand laptop cooling stand Laptop Cooling Stand - laptop fan, laptop cooling stand